Thread: Ben Sheets

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Ben Sheets

How big an injury risk is he this year? Should I steer clear of trying to keep him. My only other options are Jered Weaver or Scherzer in a limited keeper (we keep 2 arms). My other option would be to trade away a pick (maybe 5th rounder for Zack Greinke who I\'m big on).
    12 team yahoo H2H, keep 2 arms, 3 bats and one born after 1984.

C:
    1B: Fielder
    2B: Cano
    3B: Longoria
    SS: Andrus (young keeper)
    OF:
    OF: Ichiro
    OF: CarGo
    Util:
    B:
    B:
    SP: Carpenter
    SP: Lee
    RP:
    P: E. Santana
    P: CJ Wilson
    P: Brett Anderson
    B:
    B:
    B:
    B:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Ben Sheets

5th rounder doesn\'t sound too expensive for Greinke. What would that be equivalent to you think?

I think Sheets may be very easy to redraft considering the anti-hype around him and his injuries. I still think he holds significant value but will fall. Scherzer on the other hand probably has built up more hype than he deserves as a top prospect. As a result, I\'d probably keep the hot prospect who everyone will be trying to get and let the old flame fall to me later. Plus, I personally like to take gambles on the youngsters because it is more exciting. May not be right, but at least you have that unknown upside to put you on the edge of your seat ya know.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner