Thread: Santana

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Santana

Does anyone else see Johan Santana as a sell high candidate? I\'m just hearing stuff like this guy is on the decline...last 3 yrs numbers show it...that he was over worked or his body etc...

I\'m thinking about a deal like this that has been proposed.
    my
    Johan santana
    arod
    cano
    for
    his
    Pujols
    Wright
    Uggla

I\'m tempted to counter with throwing in MY manny for his alfonso soriano...for speed and age.

what y\'all think?
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Santana

ddpdaver wrote:
    Does anyone else see Johan Santana as a sell high candidate? I\'m just hearing stuff like this guy is on the decline...last 3 yrs numbers show it...that he was over worked or his body etc...

I\'m thinking about a deal like this that has been proposed.
    my
    Johan santana
    arod
    cano
    for
    his
    Pujols
    Wright
    Uggla

I\'m tempted to counter with throwing in MY manny for his alfonso soriano...for speed and age.

what y\'all think?
    Lets break it down:

To make things easier lets say Arod and Pujols are a wash. I am no longer high on Cano and I would prefer Uggla. I thinked Uggla has peaked and Cano still has some upside if he can get his head together but the choice is Uggla.

So the trade breaks down to Santana for Wright. I don\'t think Santana ia done. He was superman the last two starts of the Met season and his performance in the 2nd to last game of the season would have become legendary if the Mets made the playoffs and went on to the world series

Wright is as consistent as they come across all five categories.

The deal is close but I like the Pujols package better. I would make the deal if I have some good starting pitching to replace Santana. If I am weak at starting pitching then I would probably not make the deal.

In a keeper, I would do Soriano for Manny. For 2009 only, I would wait to see were Manny lands.

Default Santana

+1 to you broadway.
    I will start off by saying Wright was just traded for Tim Lincecum and Matt Garza...so our deal has to be changed up a bit.

I\'m thinking now
    webb
    Cano
    Manny
    2nd pick (he\'s missing his)
    for
    Pujols
    Uggla
    Soriano

He will probably decline and I would have to consider adding Santana instead of Webb.

My team is in sig...I have 5 good pitchers.
    [u]16teamKeeper-10keepers-Head2Head[/u][b]
    Lincecum,Verlander,FelixHern,Lee,Minor,
    Dempster,Hughes,lynn,smyly,duffy
    Bell,Farnsworth,Marmol
    OF:J.Upton,McCutchen,AJones
    1B)VottoSS)Hanley2B)PEDROIA3B)LongoriaC)Soto

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Santana

ddpdaver wrote:
    +1 to you broadway.
    I will start off by saying Wright was just traded for Tim Lincecum and Matt Garza...so our deal has to be changed up a bit.

I\'m thinking now
    webb
    Cano
    Manny
    2nd pick (he\'s missing his)
    for
    Pujols
    Uggla
    Soriano

He will probably decline and I would have to consider adding Santana instead of Webb.

My team is in sig...I have 5 good pitchers.
    Not sure what a 2nd rd pick would bring, but I would definetly do the above deal with Webb.

If it is Santana, then the deal is close without the 2nd rd pick. Without knowing the position of the 2nd rd pick, I would probably not make that deal.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Santana

Yeah not sure with that value of the 2nd but getting Pujols without giving up a first-round bat is pretty huge. Your pitching will be fine with what you have even if it has to be Santana and you will get a huge upgrade at first base over Pena.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Santana

If you can pull this off do it. I\'ve always thought Uggla is a great fantasy player as well. Status knows how much of a Uggla fan I am. I wouldn\'t worry about losing Webb either.
    T.G.

Default Santana

too bad that wright deal got done without you.

I still like the second deal as well... with strong pictching you should be just fine.... I can\'t think ofa pool where webb or even Santana is drafted before Pujols.

I like Pujols for a nice rebound year (if you can call it thathmy: )

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Santana

Yeah I think you can call it that. He should return to 40 homers or more if the surgery helped out. Glaus being out won\'t help though.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner