Thread: Chris Benoit

I...am your father.

Default Chris Benoit

I haven\'t watched a lot of wrestling over the last three years, but prior to that I was pretty into it.

Benoit was one of the guys that actually could wrestle - a true talent. I don\'t understand how he could kill his wife and son, as they are speculating, but I just wanted to say something here because this death really shook me.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re:Chris Benoit

my son is into the wrestling and was pretty shook up by this news.tough world these wrestlers live in , will be interesting to hear the full story , if the truth ever comes out for sure, still a huge loss .
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Striker

I\'m praying it was Carbon Monoxide that killed him and his family. I can\'t see him out right killing himself and his family

Dobber Sports Icon

Sad thing is, because of all the theatrics and schemes of Vince McMahn, there are still news outlets speculating whether this is real or not.

There are a bunch of people who still seem to think that it\'s just another wrestling \"stunt.\"

That\'s a shame.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Expert

lanky522 wrote:
    Sad thing is, because of all the theatrics and schemes of Vince McMahn, there are still news outlets speculating whether this is real or not.

There are a bunch of people who still seem to think that it\'s just another wrestling \"stunt.\"

That\'s a shame.
    it really is, and mcmahon really went too far with that \"storyline\". i\'m done with wrestling, benoit was one of my favourites. sherri martel died last week too. the wwe bodycount just keeps getting higher.

Dobber Sports Icon

repenttokyo wrote:
    it really is, and mcmahon really went too far with that \"storyline\". i\'m done with wrestling, benoit was one of my favourites. sherri martel died last week too. the wwe bodycount just keeps getting higher.
    I don\'t really follow wrestling very religiously, but a guy at work mentioned that Benoit\'s wife was (in the past?) a female wrestler preforming under the nickname \"Woman\" in the ECW.

I\'m not sure how big and/or important she was, but it\'s just interesting because that ups the total to 3 now if you consider her...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What they are saying is that he strangled the wife, smothered the boy, and then hung himself.....makes you think, that you can have all the money you need and still something is dreadfully wrong in your life.
    From what I understand, Benoit\'s wife was a former Manager of some wrestlers in the ECW and her and Benoit were introduced thru a storyline where they have an affair.
    It is truly saddening that so many of these wrestlers are dying so young and it makes me wonder if these deaths were also in direct connection with steroid use, which is prevalant in wrestling.

may God bless them all!

Dobber Sports Stud

I have watched wrestling for a long time, I still watch RAW every monday and this was a huge loss to the wrestling world. As far as the report of him killing his family/himself I really hope that is not the case. They had a PPV on Sunday and he was supposed to have a match for the ECW title. He never wrestled that night and the report was that he went home because of a family emergency. As far as the \"Vince\" stunt, I hope this shows the writers of WWE that death is nothing to joke about.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Stud

You can wonder about steroid use etcetra, at the end of the day this is not normal.

Bottomline: Something was wrong with Mr. Benoit. How did somebody not recognize that his state of mind was on \'tilt\'? Somebody had to notice that he wasn\'t thinking straight.

Your state of mind is not normal when you can kill your spouse and your child.

It is very unfortunate that Mr. Benoit would want to kill himself. It is even more unfortunate that he considered it appropriate to kill his spouse and child. To take his wife and child is not acceptable, regardless of the status of their relationship.

I don\'t care what \'walk of life\' he came from.

Somebody had to see a call for help. Somebody didn\'t answer the bell.

There is to much of this stuff.

This is about everyone taking the time to listen and offer their help to others.

This is so unfortunate. It is sad!

This is just so wrong!

Post edited by: hockeylifer, at: 2007/06/27 23:13

I...am your father.

My guess is, he didn\'t want to kill himself. My guess is that he and his wife were fighting for the millionth time over how to properly care for their mentally handicapped son, when he got worked up into a rage and ended up strangling her to death.
    After tormenting about his deadly mistake for a day or so, he decided that he would have to kill himself...but it would be best to kill his son first, so he wouldn\'t have to live with this over and above his handicap.
    He probably mourned for a day, and prayed and cried and then hung himself.

Just guessing, but nothing else would make sense to me. Not that all this makes sense...but you know what I mean

As for showing signs...it\'s your \"quiet postal worker\" situation. You don\'t see it coming...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

I can agree with you completely Dobber. I was not aware of the complete circumstance of his life. It is all very unfortunate and will now extend even further. Sad.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

No one will ever really know what went wrong. Just a sad, troubling situation for all involved, especially the kid.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Genius

In a heated arguement, we have all strangled our wives/girlfriends before. We just have the common sense to let go when their faces turn blue/purple.
    If this was spur of the moment as you wish to believe Dobber, I have trouble with the fact that Benoit\'s wife had her hands and feet bound by tape. An arguement with my girl never starts with me tying her up, i just go straight for the neck. This is quite simply - a premeditated act by a cold-blooded killer.
    Rot in hell Chris Benoit.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane