Thread: The Yankee evil empire

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default The Yankee evil empire

There are a lot of people who are shocked and pissed off at the Yankees for signing all the big free agent players. In a normal free agent year the Yankees are the primary team but this year is extra special.

The Yankees ticket prices for the best 10,000 seats in the new Yankee stadium will be, at the very least, double the price from last year. The most premium of seats will be triple and quadruple the price. I took a private tour of the new stadium in July and I was showed a seat in the first row, behind home plate for $2,500 a seat. First row in the mezzanine was being sold at $750 a seat. Nobody can compete with these guys. One thing of note is that new ticket sales were not going as well as they planned. As a result, it looks like the Yankess are trying to save some face by trageting a portion of the premium season ticket holder price as a seat license fee. For example, an upper deck individual suite ticket price behind home plate is $100 with $35 being labeled as a seat license fee.

For the guys who read my free agent article, I hinted at how the Mets and Yankees would be major free agent players and that the Red Sox and Dodgers would not be as active as you would normally expect.

We all should of seen this coming because the Yankees were never going to sit on this new found money.

John \"Broadway\" Toner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default The Yankee evil empire

Nice blurb man. Yeah, it has been shocking though when you just see the numbers. Still hard to believe. That organization has too much money and too little patience to do it the right way.

Just think if they took 5 years to rebuild instead the way the Rays have and then had all that money to resign young stars like Upton, Longoria etc instead. Now THAT would be a true dynasty as they could lock them up for much less and they are probably going to be even better than guys like Teixiera.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner