Thread: Pronger

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Pronger

I just read the following from Yahoo:

\"The Ducks lost All-Star defenseman and team captain Chris Pronger with a cut and bruised jaw on a freak play at 13:52 of the second period. Toews won a faceoff from Getzlaf deep in the Anaheim zone and Sharp scored on a short wrist shot to trim the Ducks’ lead to 4-2, but the blade of his stick inadvertently struck Pronger on the follow through.\"

It\'s in the middle of this article:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap?gi...25&prov=ap

I haven\'t seen any other mention of it.. Anyone see what happened or how serious it might be?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Pronger

Sportsnet reported he lost a couple of teeth and has a Jaw contusion. Should miss major time though...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Pronger

I saw it last night on Center Ice and it\'s just like they said. He followed through on the shot and got caught in the jaw and loosened a few teeth and as they say bruised his jaw.

He should be fine and play next game. The hit was the end of the follow trough and we decelerating.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Pronger

I saw the play. It was your typical carry through on a shot. Sharp did swing his stick wildly, but if Pronger misses any time then he\'s a wuss.

BTW, did anybody see him run off the ice like a little girl that just scraped her knee? Funny as hell.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Pronger

NYR9394 wrote:
    I saw the play. It was your typical carry through on a shot. Sharp did swing his stick wildly, but if Pronger misses any time then he\'s a wuss.

BTW, did anybody see him run off the ice like a little girl that just scraped her knee? Funny as hell.
    I agree with you. The trainer was trying to help in the runway and he\'s pulling his arm away like a little kid.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Pronger

Looks like I was wrong in my assesment. As Dobber reported here he had minor surgery (is there truly any minor surgery?) on his jaw and will be out a few games (glass jaw? jk).

I remember Tocchet playing for the Pens in the playoffs against the Hawks in the early \'90s got hit in the jaw with a slapshot and fractured his jaw. He went in had a plastic bar attached to his helmet to help protect it and continued to play in the same game.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Pronger

Sin Bin wrote:
    I remember Tocchet playing for the Pens in the playoffs against the Hawks in the early \'90s got hit in the jaw with a slapshot and fractured his jaw. He went in had a plastic bar attached to his helmet to help protect it and continued to play in the same game.
    Exactly. People play with fractures all the time. This doesnt weaken my stance that he\'s a wuss. Throw a full shield on and get the hell back out there. There\'s no excuse not to play if he wears a shield. Especially since he\'s considered one one of the toughest guys in the league.

It\'s not like he\'s gonna have to worry about getting a shoulder to the jaw, he\'s 6\'6! :laugh:

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Pronger

I think he\'ll play soon...

He\'d better, I just traded for him! Besides, he\'s not Avery, he doesn\'t need his jaw to play!
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Pronger

Any update ?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Pronger

So now he\'s coaching?

How many more games will he miss? Anyone know?

I\'ve heard anywhere from he may play the next game to he may miss a whole week...

Man, I have th ebest fantasy D you can hope for, but none of them are playing!
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Pronger

93213 wrote:

Man, I have th ebest fantasy D you can hope for, but none of them are playing!
    :laugh: Holy crap, you really do! That sucks.