Thread: Report: Furcal to Braves 4/$40 mill

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Report: Furcal to Braves 4/$40 mill

according to the all knowing, all seeing Ken Rosenthal at FoxSports.

Rosenthal: Furcal to sign with Braves

the deal is the exact same term offered by the A\'s.. apparently, Furcal did all he could NOT to go to the A\'s

with this deal, i want to believe that this makes yunel escobar \"tradeable\" to the padres for jake peavy.. since they missed out on burnett. if that happens, i think atlanta is better off with furcal and peavy than burnett and escobar
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Report: Furcal to Braves 4/$40 mill

Once Burnett was gone, the jumped back into the Furcal fray at the last minute despite not being a suitor much of the time. Shows what happens when all that money was suddenly available to invest elsewhere. I agree that Furcal and Peavy would be a vast improvement over the alternative.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner