Thread: A.J. To The Yankees

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default A.J. To The Yankees

The Yankees and A.J. Burnett have agreed to a five-year, $82.5 million contract, according to FOXSports.com and ESPN.com.

Burnett would have looked pretty good at the top of the Braves\' rotation, but the club is probably better off with him having taken the Yankees\' offer. Odds are that he\'ll give the team three quality seasons during the five-year commitment. The soon-to-be 32-year-old has made just 30 starts twice in his career, both times in contract years. Of course, he is a legitimate No. 2 starter when he\'s healthy, and the Yankees should be able to cover his absences fairly well.
    Source: FOXSports.com
    Related: Braves, Yankees

Dobber

Damn!

I hope this blows up the Yankees\' face... I hate buying championships...

Dobber Sports Rookie

AS a Braves Fan, I am glad the Yankees got him. Injury prone and over priced. Yes I know when healthy he has some of the filthiest nastiest mojo. I was hoping all along that if the Braves are that desperate for a # 1.......they should go after Sheets. Just as injury prones as A.J. but could get him much cheaper. Maybe the Peavy to the Braves rumor can get going for a third time.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

hmmm.. i wonder if this is going to rekindle jake peavy trade talks to the braves.. since the braves didnt get their man... the braves are probably better off without AJ... he\'s a great pitcher.. but 5 years is too long and $80+ mill is too much

i wonder if the jays fans are going to book him... i dont think i will... i like AJ as a pitcher.. but hes more into getting paid and getting recognition than staying loyal or winning.
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Peavy to the Braves would be exactly what the team needs. The fans are restless, and are not used to MLB playoffs without the Braves. A veteran stud like Peavy would also take a lot of pressure off of Tommy Hanson, who will be facing lofty expectations.