Thread: CC 7/$160 Mill to the Yanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default CC 7/$160 Mill to the Yanks

Just confirming Status\' report in the news section..

AP Source

unbelievable... Cashman got his man.
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Stud

I was going to post my own thread about how I HATE THE YANKEES.

NOW! I have to admit...I would love the Cardinals to spend money like the Yanks, but the Yanks are really cheap.

1. They (with NYM) just asked New York for money to pay for their Billion dollar stadiums.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...e=MLBHeadlines

2. They spend 161 MILLION DOLLARS ON A PITCHER WHO HAS NEVER WON 20 GAMES BEFORE??????? I know he has had 26 CG out of 256 starts and is 117-73 with almost 14 hundred strikeouts.
    I just don\'t understand how you can beg for money 1 day and then sign a guy for the money they pretty much just asked for.

3. CC has a clause in his contract where he could get out of it in 3 years. ARE YOU DUMB????? Let\'s look at CC\'s age with some other Yanks players in 3 years.
    CC: 31
    Jeter: 37
    A-Rod: 36
    Rivera: 42 (might retire though)
    Wang: 31 (not old but work with me)
    Posada: 40 (same as Rivera might retire)
    Swisher: 31 (might not be a yank though)
    THEY NEED TO WIN A WORLD SERIES....the Rays/Red Sox will still contend and the Jays are some-what coming around. All of their \"guys\" are getting way to old and fast. If CC doesn\'t like it there..Bye Bye Bye (quoting Nsync)

4. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3761008
    AJ might come to the Yanks for probably 60 milliion dollars. That\'s around 220 Million dollars just in two pitchers. I think it will be a waste.

Sorry for my long rant, but people are losing jobs here in St. Louis (Budweiser Inbev) and they aren\'t begging for money since they got layed off. These guys are just spending loads of cash on guys who can possibly get hurt. I don\'t want anyone to get hurt but I won\'t feel sorry to the Yanks if CC does get hurt or is a contract bust. Trust me in closing....I don\'t blame CC at all for taking it, but the yanks are just really crazy and I can\'t stand it.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don\'t blame CC for taking advantage despite the desperate economy around him. We would all do the same. Still, nice post and I agree the hype got the better of the Yanks but they had to make a big splash this year with their new stadium and CC is the big fish to make it.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Damn CC, Burnett and Sheets potentially... scary scary rotation... in both good and bad ways lol. That is riskier than investing in car companies.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Sophomore

J Status wrote:
    Damn CC, Burnett and Sheets potentially... scary scary rotation... in both good and bad ways lol. That is riskier than investing in car companies.
    Yanks would be better served if they pushed for Lowe instead. Less riskier option. The new revenue they will get from the new stadium is ridiculous. For them to ask for outside financing is an absolute insult.