Thread: Burnett close to deal with Braves

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Burnett close to deal with Braves

According to ESPN\'s Steve Phillips, indications are that the Braves and A.J. Burnett are moving closer to a deal.
    Peter Gammons seems to think the same thing, though there are no quotes anywhere to back it up. The Cardinals\' reported interest has failed to materialize, and it looks like Atlanta\'s four-year offer with a vesting option for a fifth year is the best proposal on the table.
    Source: ESPN.com
    Related: Braves, Yankees, Cardinals

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i read a story similar to this about a week ago.. where burnett would go to the braves on a 5 year deal, which is what he AJ is looking for... however, there were a tonne of stipulations in the deal that all concerned his health... i think one was that he had to pitch a certain amount of innings to get the 5th year... or something... i\'ll try and find that article..

i dont even think that braves ended up offering the 5th year anyways.. from what i understand the braves are not an organization that hands out long term contracts, especially to pitchers.. im not too sure if they are going to land AJ... i think their best bet to land a big name pitcher was in jake peavy.
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

After the Yankees signed Sabathia, they have made a big push for AJ... the exact offer is unknown, but it is believed to mirror Carlos Zambrano\'s 5/$90 million deal... yes the all important 5th year

ESPN
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ