Thread: Red Greene Stat Predictions

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Red Greene Stat Predictions

Alright guys, now that I have stated I think this guy is going to go off, I wanted to see what all of you think. I have read some very happy fans saying some very negative things about Greene like he was Royce Clayton or something. I think they are just being shortsighted and have quickly forgotten how productive his bat was in the earlier years when he was healthy. He has a lot of pop even when he was only playing 2/3 the season.

So looking at his history and taking his injury and unhappiness into account last year, I say we are looking at realistically...

135GP, 78R, 25HR, 88RBI, 5SB .252AVG

If he does reach the 150GP plateau, then I definitely think he can clear 30 homers and 100 RBI in this situation.

What do you guys see. Was last year something to take seriously or just note and move on. His history shows he is not that player.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Sophomore

J Status wrote:
    Alright guys, now that I have stated I think this guy is going to go off, I wanted to see what all of you think. I have read some very happy fans saying some very negative things about Greene like he was Royce Clayton or something. I think they are just being shortsighted and have quickly forgotten how productive his bat was in the earlier years when he was healthy. He has a lot of pop even when he was only playing 2/3 the season.

So looking at his history and taking his injury and unhappiness into account last year, I say we are looking at realistically...

135GP, 78R, 25HR, 88RBI, .252AVG

If he does reach the 150GP plateau, then I definitely think he can clear 30 homers and 100 RBI in this situation.

What do you guys see. Was last year something to take seriously or just note and move on. His history shows he is not that player.
    There is no question that Greene will be helped by getting out of Petco but the new Busch is also a slightly pitcher\'s park. I can\'t ignore his .213 last year so I think he has digressed as a hitter. Yeah, he batted .270 plus on the road last year but .213 is bad with Petco or without Petco.

My guess for 2009 based on 135GP is 57R, 15HR, 64RBI & .240 AVG

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He was so miserable with that team though so it had to have a significant impact. Still, even if you are right,that still approaches the best power ever for a Cardinals SS. Crazy. I forgot about his yearly 5SB to boot lol.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner