Thread: Renteria to SF

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Renteria to SF

Contrary to Status\'s advice, all I have been hearing is that the giants want to make a splash in the free agent market. If they can outplay the dodgers in this free-agent season, they believe they can make a run for the west division in the next couple of years. The Renteria move makes no sense unless they make a major move, though (Sabathia, Teixeira, etc.)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Renteria to SF

Yeah they are just not going to be good enough even with one of the big signings to go with Renteria. This is Zito all over again. 18 mill for RENTS?
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Renteria to SF

They are in denial since Bonds left. They were old as shiz and need to rebuild but instead they are piecing it together and limping along. Blow it up already!!! The Dodgers have done it right. Several youngsters with a couple additions like Manny to put them over. The Giants are just wasting their money. Unless they are going to go NYY and sign like 3 top studs, then start over.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Renteria to SF

Personally, hearing the pitching coach from the Tigers (Andy Van Slyke) on a sports radio station I listen to in St. Louis. He said that Renteria looked like a 40 year old in not just the batting box but fielding as well. The Giants are really dumb. If they want to make a \"splash\" they need to get like a Furcal and go after a top gun like Man-Ram or someone. Spending 18 Million is a lot of money to a guy that probably will never be the same as he was in Atlanta and St. Louis. I don\'t like this signing on bit at all. This might be a good move maybe but don\'t count on Renteria and his 18 million for two years. If I was a baseball player I would get his agent or Boras.
    T.G.