Thread: Roy Halladay

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Roy Halladay

I\'ve seen several reports ( tsn.ca) and other that speculate the Jays deal Roy Halladay.

I perosonaly feel he\'s the face of their franchise, but they can get quite a lot in return for their ace to help put the Blue Jays back on the map.

I know he\'s loved, but makes you wonder if Halladay could be in a new uniform soon..

I know its hot stove rumor and such, but the Jays arent going anywhere soon, especially with New York, Boston and NOW Tampa Bay ahead of them as far as team talent in their division.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Roy Halladay

I\'d be surprised because I think they are gunshy to do something so radical, but in reality, I think it would be smart. Like you said, they are in fourth place right now and the only way to really beat NYY and BOS is to build from the bottom up or spend a boatload. They won\'t do the latter so they might as well cash in and start the process to win the division by 2012.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner