Thread: Furcal

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Furcal

A\'s made him a 4 year offer. Mets also made Furcal an offer and for him to play 2B ..interesting...

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, a \"well-placed A\'s source\" said that a report out of the Dominican Republic that Rafael Furcal has been offered a four-year, $48 million contract is \"untrue.\"
    However, the newspaper notes that \"untrue\" may simply mean that the deal being offered isn\'t exactly $48 million and adds that \"there\'s no doubt the A\'s are making a strong push for Furcal.\"
    Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Furcal

Yeah, hopefully we gets some concrete info on this... his agent of course isn\'t acknowledging it. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Furcal

I wonder who is telling the little white lie?

According to the LA times a Dominican paper El Caribe quotes Furcal directly as to him hopping on a plane today to go sign the A\'s contract.. See below

The free agent shortstop told El Caribe that he would return from his native Dominican Republic to the United States on Monday to sign a contract –- and judging by what he said, it sounds like he could be joining the Oakland Athletics.

Furcal revealed that he has been offered a four-year, $48-million contract by the A’s that includes incentives that could push its value to more than $50 million.

Furcal said he has also received a substantial offer from the New York Mets, who want him as a second baseman.

“The offers made by the Athletics and the Mets of New York are tempting, but we’ll make a decision after I meet with my lawyer because there are various factors that we have to evaluate,” he said. “But my general feeling is that every offer that’s been made is important, which is why we want to make a decision that’s well thought out.”

Furcal’s agent, Paul Kinzer, said last week that he thought his client would sign a four-year deal.

Due to concerns about the condition of Furcal’s surgically repaired back, the Dodgers have been hesitant to extend him an offer of four years.

El Caribe also reported that Dodgers center fielder Andruw Jones will be reporting to his winter team in the Dominican Republic on Dec. 8.

-- Dylan Hernandez
    My Team is Better Than Yours!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Furcal

One of the key pieces involved in the Braves acquiring Peavy is sending Yunel Escobar to the Padres. Rumor was that the Braves were going to submit an offer to bring Furcal back.....otherwise the option would be light hitting Lillibridge.....ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh