Thread: ALCS

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default ALCS

here\'s what the ALCS should have looked like:
    Devil Rays vs Blue Jays
    Red Sox vs Yankees
    these two series\' probably would have made competition. the al east is too powerful.
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default ALCS

No kidding. So much young talent with the Devil Rays, so much money with the Yankees and a little bit of both with the Red Sox having a strong front office makes that division unstoppable.

After earning nine of the last fourteen wild cards, you might think that the aging Yankees (assuming they don\'t buy their way out of it) might finally give way to another division to get more wild card appearances. Well, now with the Rays in the mix as well, when will we have a postseason without the wild card coming from that division in the AL? Money is on the AL East every year for the next decade as well.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default ALCS

And on another note, besides the obvious in Price, super prospects like Snider and Weiters are strengthening that division from the bottom up as well.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default ALCS

yea the young talent in the AL east is getting way better... i remember reading an article in the preseason about how the red sox invested more funds in scouting a few years ago, starting with drafting buccolz and jacoby in the same draft.. since then, more teams (esp in the AL east) have followed suit and you are really starting to see the results.

adding to price in tampa, i really really like jeff neimann, the big guy from Rice.. i saw him pitch while he was in college and i was 16 and i knew he was going to be big time player
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ