Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Playoff Pool Discussion

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Playoff Pool Discussion

I spelt Dodgers wrong...I put Cubs oh and I spelt Red Sox wrong...I put Angels
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think baseball is the hardest sport to predict in the playoffs and in general. The littliest things can throw off a hitter or pitcher and the same holds true for the team as a whole.

Oh well, it is fun regardless.

I will post the rankings later today with point totals thus far. I hope I\'m not last!
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree. I will say this -- the playoffs this year have a \'compelling\' quotient that I personally don\'t recall in years.

Every team has something about them.
    *Dodgers - Manny, not to mention underdogs in the minds of most baseball experts
    *Rays - self explainatory
    *BoSox - Reigning champs
    *Phillies - can outslug the best of them

No matter who meets in the WS, the fans of baseball should not have anything to complain about.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Here are the results so far... let me know if there are any errors. Remember that 1. and 2. have to have both teams right to get the 2 points for each number.

Points Totals

miked- 10 points

7Tools- 9 points

ladreamteam- 8 points

ddpdaver- 8 points

iginlarules61- 8 points

Doulos- 5 points

Redfireman511- 5 points

rwthompson- 4 points

Danno- 4 points

Who\'sYourDaddy- 4 points

J Status- 3 points

Seams- 3 points

shallowfrozenwater- 3 points

littlemanny- 0 points

Celly- 0 points
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

hhahha.. im ahead now, but i wont be for long.. all my players are pretty much gone... when i changed my hunch pick from the cubs to the dodgers, i totally forgot to get rid of all my cubs (zambrano, theriot, soriano, and lee)

if i dont see manny ramirez playing at fenway by the end of the month, ill be upset.
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

And here we go... We have some people rooting for the Rays in this pool because two picked them to go all the way where as no one had the Phillies... shocker!

The standings will be up momentarily.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ok, here we go...

miked: 10
    ddpdaver: 9
    shallowfrozenwater: 9
    7Tools: 7
    Seams: 6
    Iginlarules61: 6
    redfireman511: 5
    ladreamteam: 5
    J Status: 3
    Doulos: 3
    rwthompson: 3
    WhosYourDaddy: 3
    Danno: 2
    littlemanny: 0
    Celly: 0

Dobber Sports Apprentice

miked... you are still holding on with those early successful predictions!

Maybe I dont understand the scoring system correctly, but how do some of us have less points after round 2 than we had after round 1?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Not that I have any misled dreams about winning, but I am also confused about that.

Do we have a winner?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

And the winner is....

miked! He did a great job predicting all four winners in the first round.

Here are the results...

miked: 10
    ddpdaver: 8
    shallowfrozenwater: 5
    7Tools: 7
    ladreamteam: 7
    Seams: 6
    Iginlarules61: 6
    redfireman511: 5
    J Status: 3
    Doulos: 3
    rwthompson: 3
    WhosYourDaddy: 3
    Danno: 2
    littlemanny: 0
    Celly: 0

No one was able to predict any of the stat leaders as a result of the underdog teams and players taking charge. Lidge winning saves was something that maybe one of us should have gotten but we didn\'t believe in the Phillies. Upton completely dominated and almost got the steals but Crawford edged him by one.

Upton: H, HR, RBI
    Crawford: Steals
    Hamels: K, W
    Lidge: Saves

And that\'s that.

miked I\'ll get you your free guide spring next year!

Thanks for playing everyone!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

hhhahaa wow... im really surprised that my 10 first round points held on... i actually originally had the phillies winning it all because they are my team.. but i wanted to see boston and the dodgers in the world series..
    thanks J status for organizing this.. and everyone for participating.. hopefully we can all meet up again in a year and do this again.
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah next year, I will make it a little easier. First time, so it will get better... and more competitive surely.

Thanks all!