Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Pool Discussion

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Playoff Pool Discussion

We can talk about how things are going for our picks here.

Thanks for playing guys!
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Rookie

I\'ll probably need to change my picks tomorrow depending on if the Twins even make the postseason or not.

imported_shallowfrozenwater

in my mind either CWS or Minny both lose to TBay in the ALDS anyway so i don\'t imagine i\'ll have to edit that.
    the tricky part is going to figure out the individual players and who\'ll finish on top in all those, that\'s where i figure i\'ll be editing.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i would love to see the white sox run the table here.. alexei ramirez could be a good story to follow throughout the playoffs if they make it.

the phillies were my pick in july to win the division and i like them against the brewers, but their pitching is a little thin.
    brewers and phillies series is going to be the one to watch.
    i would also like to see the dodgers and red sox eventually meeting up
    Member since '07... Still looking for 1K posts...
    Inagural Dobberhockey WJC Pool Champ

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I\'m trying to be careful not to discredit the Rays and Brewers just because they are new to this. The Rays have some great pitching and defense and their young players could really shine. They\'ve done it for 162 so why now as well.

CC is scary in the postseason now I think. He is just unstoppable. I don\'t she him slowing down...yet. His time to show the wear and tear will be when the Yankees get him hahaha.
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

dodgers!!! all my teams won last night... pretty good start, still early though
    i think the rays will sweep right through chicago, but im pulling for the underdog.. i want the rays\' unbelievable season to end abruptly.
    as for CC, i think this is their best chance to take a game from the phils. i think CC wil have to go the distance in game 2

Dobber Sports Rookie

Things are NOT looking good for me so far.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

who else picked the dooooooooooodgers!!!
    CC did not look good yesterday.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah I have the Dodgers. As well as the Red Sox, Rays, and Phils. And Manny for HR leader.

Way too early to brag, though.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Well, I\'ve never claimed to have a clue about baseball, this pretty much backs that up.

I have a friend who went to Vegas a couple weeks ago and put $100 on the Cubbies to win the WS.

I told him he was nuts, for two reasons:

1. Manny has been hitting better than anyone I have ever seen hit in my lifetime. 33 years if anyone is counting. Take that, and then add on to the fact he is one of baseballs best hitters ever in the playoffs? Yikes.

2. 100 and whatever years. Bartman...etc. Sorry folks, but I just am not hitching my wagon to the Cubs.

It\'s nice that they have had a lot of support fan-wise from all over N.A., but that\'s all it is - a good story.

Dobber Sports Stud

I said in from the beginning of the playoffs (didn\'t get into the pool...ran out of time) That it would be:
    Rays vs. Red Sox
    Dodgers vs. Phillies

Then the World Series would be:
    Rays vs. Dodgers
    Rays win the series in 7 to win it in Tampa Bay!

I really like the Rays chances this season. They have great pitching but Kazmir needs to cool down. The Cubs also aren\'t the team everyone thinks they are. The Dodgers are way to hot right now. It would have been nice to see Manny beat the Red Sox for making him leave..which Red Sox vs. Dodgers could happen and I think that\'s what Fox wants if the Cubs aren\'t in it. But my team the Rays will win it all.
    T.G.

You didn\'t just say that the Red sox made Manny leave did you?

I subscribe to the conspiracy that it was a money play by Boras and Manny to get Manny a long term big money deal this winter.

To get Manny to waive his NTC, the Sox had to waive the final 2 years on his contract. Which makes Ramirez a free agent this summer.

In fact, immediately after ManRam found out that he was traded to LA, Boras told Epstein that if the BoSox dropped the final 2 years off his contract, that \"Manny would not be a problem the rest of the season\".

Of course, Theo said \"forget it\" but ended up having to waive the 2 years of the deal in order to get Manny to waive his NTC.

It certainly appears that the entire ordeal was orchestrated by Scott Boras. BTW it is rumoured that Boras has promised Manny that he\'ll get him a long-term 20 million dollar deal with a team this winter.

We will see.

Still one of the best hitters of our generation, though.
    It\'s too bad he\'s such a jackass sometimes. (I still love the man).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah, Manny is probably one of the most undervalued superstars in baseball in the last 10 years. He just doesn\'t get the credit for his ability like more mild mannered players do. I\'d argue that Pujols is the same just because it took the baseball community several years to give him the \"one of the best in the game\" title and now few recognize how revolutionary the start of his career has been.

I think a lot of it for these players has to do with personality and ability to communicate well with the media.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I\'m pretty much out of the running already today.

Thank goodness my hockey pools started so I at least have something to follow now....hah