Thread: Your feelings on Replay...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Your feelings on Replay...

Just wanted to give everyone an opportunity to chime in on Heckler\'s ranting about the new replay system. Is it a slippery slope? Do you like it or not? :silly:
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Super Moderator

Default Your feelings on Replay...

Really liked the article. I do agree that within the next few years replay will be used on more and more things in baseball (like trapped balls pointed out by Heckler).

I believe that rule changes like this should only be implemented if there is a serious benefit to the sport. Delaying the game doesn\'t endear the game to fans and especially if the call goes against them, there will be an even bigger backlash.

I do understand how it might correct one mistake here and there (and by here and there I mean once a year. . . maybe) but that is definitely not worth it.

Human error is part of the game, if you take that out completely, you take out fun out of the game.

Great stuff, Heckler!
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.