Thread: Travis Snider

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Travis Snider

This kid looked like the real deal in the previous 2 games (before tonight). I am not familiar with how long it might take him to be a regular with the Jays but would he be worth snagging as a potential player for next year (one year league)

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Travis Snider

well the Jays have Wells, Rios and Lind who aren\'t going anywhere. He may fit as a DH (he or Lind) or a fourth outfielder but I would say he\'s more likely 2 years away.
    12 team yahoo H2H, keep 2 arms, 3 bats and one born after 1984.

C:
    1B: Fielder
    2B: Cano
    3B: Longoria
    SS: Andrus (young keeper)
    OF:
    OF: Ichiro
    OF: CarGo
    Util:
    B:
    B:
    SP: Carpenter
    SP: Lee
    RP:
    P: E. Santana
    P: CJ Wilson
    P: Brett Anderson
    B:
    B:
    B:
    B:

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Travis Snider

Alright good to know. I\'m down to just a few picks left, but it\'s not a keeper league so I\'ll likely go for someone else who is going to play next year.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Travis Snider

His permanent arrival in less of a year wouldn\'t shock me. Wells is no iron man. Injuries always happen, you have the DH and Snider is a beast of a prospect. Lind really isn\'t at his level anyway IMO. Just don\'t have that much upside.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Travis Snider

I\'m personally a fan of Travis Snider.
    You can\'t ignore 23 homers, 91 RBIS, and 234 TB in only 133 games. I think he\'s a promising prospect.
    In a one year it\'s give or take...Keeper yes sir for the future.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Travis Snider

Travis is the best prospect to come along in the Jays system since Carlos Delgado, and while it is definitely \"out on a linb\" to say what i\'m going to say (I\'m going to say it anyways)...

He just might end up better than Carlos Delgado.

Will that be next year? Good question. Paul Godfrey was quoted in August as saying that the team will need to add two things this winter: a pitcher if AJ leaves, and a big bat at DH.

Of course, Godfrey is gone now. It looks possible that AJ might re-sign, and that alleviates some of the pressure to spend the 25 million or so that the team has this winter to sign pitching. But Marcum is done for 2009, and if AJ leaves, I would pretty much pencil in Snider as the Jays DH next year because this team is too close not to be forced to go after at least a guy like Derek Lowe or Ryan Dempster...and that will pretty much break their bank.

If Snider indeed ends up the full time DH next year, I like his chances of putting up ROY numbers. You\'d have to figure he would bat somewhere around 6th and 7th. My prediction? .278 AVG, 70R, 31 Doubles, 22HR, 90 RBI, .310 OBP