Thread: Which pitcher would you keep?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Which pitcher would you keep?

Standard 5x5 roto scoring... which pitcher would you protect from the list below (just one)?

[in alphabetical order]
    Chris Carpenter
    Joba Chamberlain
    Felix Hernandez
    Brad Lidge
    Francisco Rodriguez
    Brandon Webb
    Carlos Zambrano

[Note: Somehow listed Francisco Cordero on my roster instead of Francisco Rodriguez]
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

imported_shallowfrozenwater

Webb. easily in my eyes.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Based on consistency, Webb for sure...but Joba is turning into an absolute stud right in front of our eyes!

Dobber Sports Stud

I\'ve been protecting Felix since his rookie year, and am still under the belief that he will develop into the game\'s best pitcher. I know Webb is definitely the \"safe\" choice because he\'s proven and ridiculously consistent... and Joba is turning out to be a gem almost immediately... but am I being delusional about Felix?

He\'s still only 22 (younger than Joba).
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

L - Duchene* (C/L),

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I\'d have to honestly say I\'d protect Felix. I am a sucker for the excitement of a younger unknown upside.

I think the K\'s he can bring will make him superior in a short time.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

I would look at season\'s end at the last 12-15 starts for all 3 guys and make my choice based on that. I think Felix as well could still be an absolute gem, but I also think he would be the easiest to re-draft.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I\'d go with Webb

Felix and Joba could end up better but are bigger injury risks. I agree that Felix is probably the easiest to redraft so the safe choice is Webb but if you feel like gambling Joba would be my second choice.
    27 Team Dynasty
    Multicat Points League
    80% of Actual Cap 65.2

F Ovechkin,Marchand,Landeskog,Drouin,Palmieri,Gally, Strome,Pageau,Kubalik
    D Barrie,Krug,Gustafsson,Hronek
    G Andersen
    B Arvidsson,Kassian,Giordano,Reilly,Francouz

I think you have to go with Webb there... he is a bone fide top of the fantasy rotation starter. Only Santana and Peavy above him in my mind.

Super Moderator

Heads is Felix, Tails is Webb. That\'s the only way to decide this for me.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

GO with Webb :P
    12 team keeper, Keep 7 players, H2H. Categories (G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    C: Matthews, Barkov, Mackinnon, Horvat
    LW: Draisaitl, Bertuzzi, Nelson, Hertl, Arvidsson
    RW: Pastrnak, Rantanen, Atkinson,
    D: Ekholm, Suter, Klefbom, Provorov
    G: Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

khanadian wrote:
    I would look at season\'s end at the last 12-15 starts for all 3 guys and make my choice based on that. I think Felix as well could still be an absolute gem, but I also think he would be the easiest to re-draft.
    Agreed. The last month or two makes a big difference for a guy like Felix. If he goes off, take him over Webb. If he is shakey, take the sure thing in Webb.
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Ace

c_robio wrote:
    I\'d go with Webb

Felix and Joba could end up better but are bigger injury risks. I agree that Felix is probably the easiest to redraft so the safe choice is Webb but if you feel like gambling Joba would be my second choice.
    Totally agree here, Seattle is off everyone\'s radar and Webb is the guy right now, Joba is still going to be overrated in most leagues(compared to Felix), let him slide to someone else in the redraft and get a better value pick with Felix
    14 team keeper league (keep 15 plus 3 prospects)
    19 active, 8 bench, 2 prospects less than 40 NHL games. Play h2h with postions 3c, 3lw, 3rw, (3 felx forwards) 5d, 2g

C-E.Stall, Plekanac,Thorton, Turris, Little
    LW_Elias, Heatley (RW), Pacioretty
    RW-Erat
    D-Keith, Yandle, OEL, Giordano
    G- Rinne, Nabakov

(Farm) Beau Bennett, Jaden Schwartz

Follow me on Twitter @HardyintheWack

(draft in process)

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for all the responses! Since originally posting this message, Joba\'s shoulder struggles have scared me off, so I\'ve pretty much narrowed it down to Webb or Felix. While Felix has been my guy the last 3-4 years, I\'m beginning to lean toward Webb... he\'s just been amazingly consistent his entire career. Two questions, though:

1) With my league\'s scoring format, would you consider keeping a closer (Francisco Rodriguez) over a starter?

2) Would you rather keep Tim Lincecum over all of my current pitchers?

Thanks again.

L - Duchene* (C/L),

Dobber Sports Recruit

Oh, man. I was so ready quickly reply with what I thought was an obvious answer of Webb. You can\'t compare his consistency to Felix\'s. He is only 29 so is in the prime of his career. Plays for a better team and will win 20 games. Felix probably won\'t sniff that for awhile.
    But then you though out Lincecum. He is a lot closer to Webb in my mind. I think I would still go with Webb just because I feel that Lincecum is a slightly more of an injury risk. Just MHO.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dude, Lincecum is the perfect storm for me haha. He is supremely talented, performing at the highest level and is very young.

Lincecum all the way... not quite as safe but oh so much fun. He has more trade value I think anyway because of the huge hype he has now.