Thread: A-Rod falls from #2 to #12 in rankings...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default A-Rod falls from #2 to #12 in rankings...

... and it is really very little fault of his own.

Sure his age is up there and he has increased his risk with the injuries but he has been on fire. I think it is more a result of all the guys above him just keeping pace and staying ahead of him. Basball really has some young studs and a guy like Berkman has been elite all year and throughout his career anyway.

I\'m sure A-Rod will climb back up, but the changing of the guard is already on the way. Guys like Braun and Hamilton are safe, young and huge already.

Also, McLouth and Quentin made a big jump with their extended period of excellence this year.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The OBP is also a major factor. His isn\'t as high as guys like Pujols which really puts albert up there. I think that stat is overlooked in its value.
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Super Moderator

Yeah I see nothing wrong with his slip in the rankings. Like you said, he\'s been on fire and hasn\'t showed really big signs of slowing down but the next generation of stars have really emerged this year and wow, are they ever good.
    That being said, I\'m sure any of us would draft him in the 1st round and be pretty damn happy.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Ace

wow, mclouth at #15! that\'s crazy! not crazy of you to do it, but i just can\'t believe that he rates that high in terms of keeper value.

i remember a few months ago when i was dangling him to see what i could get for him, noone would give me a dirty pair of socks for him, let alone any of the guys who are in the top 30!

and to think i claimed him off of waivers at the beginning of the year....
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

Dobber Sports Apprentice

McLouth has been a consistent source of stardom this year. I didn\'t believe he could keep it up but at some point you must give the guy credit and he has had it all working all year long. Plus, last year ended great for him as well which makes his ability even more believeable.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have this funny feeling about Arod in 2009. He is top three for me going into next year. Teixeira has something to do with that.