Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Luongo willing to waive NTC

Dobber Sports Star

Roberto Luongo a salary dump??? I don't think so; certainly NOT like people here are suggesting. Am I the only one that feels this way? Luongo is 33 which is still relatively young; he still puts up numbers that are in amongst the top 10 in the league and he makes a VERY respectable 5.3 mil a season. The knock on his contract is that it goes until the 21-22 season, but let's be real, there is no way his contract ever actually reaches that point. At some point in the next 4 or 5 years, he will be bought out. Sure the Cannucks aren't going to get a HUGE return off of him, but Ryan Malone? Come on... I agree Hedman may be too much, but I promise, Vancouver will ask for more than Ryan Malone, and I also promise you that there are teams out there that are willing to pay more than that for him...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

luongo, raymond
    for
    purcell and 1st round pick

with Roloson off the books and Purcell being part of the trade, Tampa could easily fit Luongo and Raymond into their cap
    Last edited by j_diddy; April 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM.
    10 Tm, Pts Only Salary Cap Dynasty (UFAs dropped if not signed by July 1st)
    20 Active, 12 AHL/Reserve (AHL Eligibility: Fwd, Dman = 246 NHL GP, G = 150 NHL GP) (Pts: G, A, dman pt 0.5; G = W, SO)

Active (3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6 D, 2G)
    F: Draisaitl, Meier, Forsberg, Huberdeau, Pastarnk, Neidereiter, Ehlers, White, DeBrincat, Mittelstadt, Thomas, Olofsson
    D: Klingberg, Ghost, Klefbom, Sergachev, Fox, Fabbro
    G: Hellebuyck, Gibson
    IR: Point, Niku, Montour

Reserve
    F: Roslovic, Terry, Vesalainen, Suzuki, Tippett
    D: Pilut, Myers, Harley, K. Miller
    G: Demko

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Malone's contract sucks but he's hardly a bad pickup. VAN is hardly stacked with wingers. Right now the only good wingers they have is Booth, Burrows and Sedin, and to a lesser extent Higgins. Don't see why Malone wouldn't be an upgrade to your top 6. Kassian isn't ready for a top 6 role and Hansen/Higgins are better suited to a 3rd line role. Raymond is probably gone. Plus Malone brings some size and grit - is that not exactly what the Canucks need?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
    Malone - Kesler - Booth

Is better than

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
    Booth - Kesler - Higgins
    I really like Malone, I think he's underrated and cruelly what Canucks need. A big body who knows how to play that game already. That being said his injury history is a concern.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Veteran

Tampa Bay
    Florida
    Toronto
    New Jersey (Only if Brodeur retires)
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    Well... where to? Let the guessing games begin!
    how bout to the Isles? Garth Snow loves overpaying goaltenders and long contracts. He'd probably send em JT

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Where do you guys see this supposed market? Luongo's a great goalie, and his cap hit isn't horrid, but the term sucks. Vokoun was passed up by dozens of teams last year and was signed for pennies.

Meanwhile, there's a surplus of young goalies on the cusp that are potentially available - Bernier, Schneider, Harding, Hackett, Bobrovsky, and so on, all of which are on/could be signed to reasonable deals and are far younger than Luongo.

I mean this isn't rocket science - there's a number of goalies available who are young and could be the cornerstones of a franchise. Meanwhile, there's also many serviceable older goalies that will be around - Giguere, Vokoun, etc.

There's just no reason for a team to give up a valuable pieces for a goalie with a large contract when there are similiar options that could be had for dirt cheap (Vokoun) and a number of young promising goalies that could be had for reasonable sums.

I mean put yourself in Yzerman's shoes for two seconds - you're testing out the goalie market. You can send a package of Purcell and picks or whatever and get a young potential franchise goalie in Bernier. Or you can sign Vokoun or Harding for a cheap deal and give up nothing. You really think with these options that Yzerman is going to toss Purcell and a 1st or Hedman and Malone or whatever other ridiculous proposals have been tossed out for Luongo?
    Last edited by dyzfunctioned; April 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM.

Dobber Sports Pro

No one is taking Lou and giving up valuable picks/prospects. They'll get a serviceable player and/or a bad contract in return for Luongo.

Hell, maybe they will get a sick deal but to expect that is just naive.
    We will see. You have to consider that the Canucks do not have a lot of cap space, Schneider will get a 4-5 mill deal. So I would be surprised to see them take a big contract back.

My thoughts coincide with the Ballard trade, he came over with a big contract for a draft pick and grabner.

The canucks last trade was for a prospect in Kassian, whereas they could have used a more serviceable player for the playoffs.

I really don't think its that naive to think something similar could be pulled off.
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, KA Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin
    Zherenko

Dobber Sports Deity

With BBurke going on at seasons end about wanting to upgrade his goaltending, and the history Lou has with Burke and Dave Nonnis, I would be shocked if they Leafs dont take a serious run at him.

TBay is another spot that makes sense for him to land.

On a side note, assuming Lou DOES get traded (and it appears he will), it will be interesting to see what kind of contract Schneider gets coming off his RFA deal.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

There's just no reason for a team to give up a valuable pieces for a goalie with a large contract when there are similiar options that could be had for dirt cheap (Vokoun) and a number of young promising goalies that could be had for reasonable sums.
    How did Vokoun do this season? How did the leafs young goalies do this year?

The market would come from a team that thinks they can make a big run in the playoffs and they just need a goalie.

Philly could have ran with a young goalie but they went out and gave Bryz a big contract.
    Rebuilding

Dostal, Hofer

Zherenko

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    We will see. You have to consider that the Canucks do not have a lot of cap space, Schneider will get a 4-5 mill deal. So I would be surprised to see them take a big contract back.

My thoughts coincide with the Ballard trade, he came over with a big contract for a draft pick and grabner.

The canucks last trade was for a prospect in Kassian, whereas they could have used a more serviceable player for the playoffs.

I really don't think its that naive to think something similar could be pulled off.
    4-5? Maybe 3.5. Look at price as a good example for his next contract.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Giant

ntc always get waived. if the team makes it known they dont want you why would you stay.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

How did Vokoun do this season? How did the leafs young goalies do this year?

The market would come from a team that thinks they can make a big run in the playoffs and they just need a goalie.

Philly could have ran with a young goalie but they went out and gave Bryz a big contract.
    Where are you going with this?

How did Theodore do this year? How did Holtby do these playoffs? Throwing out one example means nothing. Let's not forgot the fact Vokoun actually had a respectable season - 0.916 SV%, 2.51 GAA, and won 60% of his games playing for a team that struggled all season long and went through a coaching change. At times he was surpassed by Neuvirth (which would put him in no different position than Luongo) but more than anything he dealt with several injuries.

Meanwhile, Luongo puts up slightly better numbers (0.919 SV%, 2.41 GAA, 56% of his games won) playing for a drastically better team in arguably the weakest division in the league (second only to the Southeast this year) and you think he's worth a fortune despite his awful contract?

I won't say a single negative thing against any Canucks fan who can think somewhat rationally (RR, b0ndon, etc.), but seriously if you're going to toss out this shit, I'm sure as hell willing to put you in your place.

Dobber Sports Pro

Where are you going with this?

How did Theodore do this year? How did Holtby do these playoffs? Throwing out one example means nothing. Let's not forgot the fact Vokoun actually had a respectable season - 0.916 SV%, 2.51 GAA, and won 60% of his games playing for a team that struggled all season long and went through a coaching change. At times he was surpassed by Neuvirth (which would put him in no different position than Luongo) but more than anything he dealt with several injuries.

Meanwhile, Luongo puts up slightly better numbers (0.919 SV%, 2.41 GAA, 56% of his games won) playing for a drastically better team in arguably the weakest division in the league and you think he's worth a fortune despite his awful contract?

I won't say a single negative thing against any Canucks fan who can think somewhat rationally, but seriously if you're going to toss out this shit, I'm sure as hell willing to put you in your place.
    Seriously you think Howden and a first is a fortune? I don't think he will get a fortune back. Wow touchy, its not even for he will get traded.
    Rebuilding

Dostal, Hofer

Zherenko

Seriously you think Howden and a first is a fortune? I don't think he will get a fortune back. Wow touchy, its not even for he will get traded.
    The Purcell and a 1st is a pretty steep ransom, that was tossed out earlier. And I'm sure a lot of GM's would give up a first for Howden... therefore that's like asking two 1st's for Luongo when Varlamov received a 1st and a 2nd and was considered to be drastic overpayment by almost everyone, and was largely considered an idiotic trade.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I won't say a single negative thing against any Canucks fan who can think somewhat rationally (RR, b0ndon, etc.), but seriously if you're going to toss out this shit, I'm sure as hell willing to put you in your place.
    You've said many negative things about me today.

Also get ready to get negative rep'd by Loch for not including him.