Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCrickets! View Post
    2006-81gp
    2007-82gp
    2008-82gp
    2009-82gp
    2010-42gp
    2011-62gp.

Where'd you buy your crystal ball? and what do you know that we don't?
    Factoring in his last 2 seasons, he's cleary trending upward.
    Will he hit 80points next year? probably not. Could he? absolutely
    You can't trend an injured player lol....It's not like, "oh he played 40 games"..."then he played 60"..."he must be healthy now and play 80"...

reality is, injuries are random and sporadic...if they are predictable, they don't usually trend upwards but rather the other way...Stall is in the damaged goods after this years injury.

On the topic of him breaking out - unless one of the top 3 producer on the Pens (crosby, malkin, neal) get moved...there is now way he's putting up those numbers.

Why does everyone think you have to stack your top two lines?? You have a KILLER 1-2 punch already, why make it easier for teams to shut down your offence by only having to shut down 2 lines?

Most teams don't have the depth for a 1-2-3 punch...just think, once you get through malkin's line...then crosby's line...you now have to deal with Stall. He will always be a 3rd line center on the pens and for that reason he will not "break out" like a lot of people think.
    11 Team Roto Keeper League $$ (4th Year) - Keep 5
    2011/2012 Champion - Thanks to the help from Dobber!
    Cats: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIMs, SOG, GAA, W
    (1 Point Each)

Forwards: Malkin, Pavelski, Seguin
    Defense: Karlsson
    Goalies: Rinne

* - IR replacement

IR: All Healthy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

All I was doing is comparing his ppg averages each year. The sample sizes were smaller the last 2 seasons but I would still consider 42games and 62 games respectable when looking at a players offensive production.

We don't know if he will breakout, play another full season, or even stay in Pittsburgh so it doesn't matter. What is fact is that he's improving offensively. Take the numbers and graph them, its mathematics dude.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Staal's no slouch offensively... he does have a lethal shot, but even if given the opportunity, I don't see him as having the tools to get to the 80 upside you have set for him... Neal barely hit 80 this season playing with Malkin.

It's all moot anyway, cause:
    1) Staal will never have the opportunity given his role as a 2 way player and the Penguins depth
    2) Staal will never play a full healthy season
    Ummm ....Staal only missed 1 game in his first 4 seasons so he's already played 3 straight full seasons so you're 2nd point is already wrong and he's made it known he wants a bigger role so he's either going to get it with the Pens or with another team awfully quickly considering he has 1 year left on his current deal
    12 Team - Points only Salary Cap Auction league (50 mils cap, 20 man roster - 4 year max contracts) - 8F, 4D, 2G - $100 Buy In

F - Ovechkin (1 x 7.6m), Marchand (1 x 7.6m), Radulov (3 x 2.0m), Kuznetsov (1 x 2.0m), Gusev (2 x 1.9m), Galchenyuk (1 x 1.6m), Keller (2 x 1.0m), Point (2 x 0.9m), Palmieri (2 x 0.7m), Getzlaf (2 x 0.7m), Lindholm (1 x 0.5m)

D - Burns (1 x 10.0m), Krug (1 x 4.9m), Bouchard (4 x 1.2m), Weber (2 x 1.0m), Dumba (2 x 0.5m), Orlov (1 x 0.5m)

G - Vasilevskiy (4 x 2.4m), Grubauer (3 x 1.2m), Demko (4 x 0.5m)

Buyouts - Stralman (1 x 0.55m), Puljujarvi (1 x .65m)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by iscooter204 View Post
    Ummm ....Staal only missed 1 game in his first 4 seasons so he's already played 3 straight full seasons so you're 2nd point is already wrong and he's made it known he wants a bigger role so he's either going to get it with the Pens or with another team awfully quickly considering he has 1 year left on his current deal
    Ummm... I'm sorry that you don't seem to grasp the subtle difference between past and future tense. And good for you for taking information that was just made public today and using it to respond to a week old thread - do you feel smart now?

Dobber Sports Pro

Ummm... I'm sorry that you don't seem to grasp the subtle difference between past and future tense. And good for you for taking information that was just made public today and using it to respond to a week old thread - do you feel smart now?

I heard that Staal was unhappy with his role over a week ago. A Penguins beat writer tweeted it after game 1 or 2. It's not breaking news.

Also, I agree with the previous poster in the fact that Staal has clearly proven he can play a full season. He didn't miss time because of nagging injuries. I see no reason why we have to assume he can't play 82 games next year. It's not like he's the player that's sitting out day-to-day to rest a sore groin or shoulder.

And I definitely disagree with your statement that he isn't talented enough to hit 80. Staal is a very, very crafty player and could be a first line center on a handful of teams.

just my take on a player that I have always considered to be underrated and under utilized.

Dobber Sports Novice

Haha I was just making a point no need to get all defensive there bud that you were wrong about his health which was public for years before your post I just added the 2nd part in about his demands of the Pens. Relax ...it's just a forum lol

PS ...I feel smart because I do my research before labeling a player =)
    12 Team - Points only Salary Cap Auction league (50 mils cap, 20 man roster - 4 year max contracts) - 8F, 4D, 2G - $100 Buy In

F - Ovechkin (1 x 7.6m), Marchand (1 x 7.6m), Radulov (3 x 2.0m), Kuznetsov (1 x 2.0m), Gusev (2 x 1.9m), Galchenyuk (1 x 1.6m), Keller (2 x 1.0m), Point (2 x 0.9m), Palmieri (2 x 0.7m), Getzlaf (2 x 0.7m), Lindholm (1 x 0.5m)

D - Burns (1 x 10.0m), Krug (1 x 4.9m), Bouchard (4 x 1.2m), Weber (2 x 1.0m), Dumba (2 x 0.5m), Orlov (1 x 0.5m)

G - Vasilevskiy (4 x 2.4m), Grubauer (3 x 1.2m), Demko (4 x 0.5m)

Buyouts - Stralman (1 x 0.55m), Puljujarvi (1 x .65m)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Is this how we welcome guys to the board now, insult them after 5 posts. At least let guys get comfortable before you jump on them. Or at least word it a little nicer. I'm not the nicest guy either but the new guys should be given a little respect.

Welcome to the boards iscooter204.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Is this how we welcome guys to the board now, insult them after 5 posts. At least let guys get comfortable before you jump on them. Or at least word it a little nicer. I'm not the nicest guy either but the new guys should be given a little respect.
    A little respect? Did you even bother reading his original post which I was responding to? That might be a good starting point before you "jump" on others.

I don't associate post count with respect, whether you have 1 or 10,000 posts... if you make a dumb comment, I'm not the type to hold back. If that rubs people the wrong way, so be it.
    Last edited by blayze; May 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

A little respect? Did you even bother reading his original post which I was responding to in order to get a sense of the context of my reply? That might be a good starting point before you "jump" on others.

I don't associate post count with respect, whether you have 1 or 10,000 posts... if you make a dumb comment, I'm not the type to hold back.
    Man, your a little sensitive. I read his post and he is new, you want to scare off all the new guys go ahead. I just don't involve myself in that.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Man, your a little sensitive. I read his post and he is new, you want to scare off all the new guys go ahead. I just don't involve myself in that.
    What does him being new have to do with anything? Are you suggesting that it's ok for noobs to go around making arrogant dumbass comments?

... and if you don't want to "involve" yourself in that, then perhaps you should just stay out of it.

Dobber Sports Pro

What does him being new have to do with anything? Are you suggesting that it's ok for noobs to go around making arrogant dumbass comments?

... and if you don't want to "involve" yourself in that, then perhaps you should just stay out of it.

As I pointed out (respectfully) in my post, the only person making "arrogant dumbass" (i feel rude even quoting that) statements was you. Like what was said before me-- it's a discussion forum-- chill. Don't get on your high horse like you are some patron saint of hockey knowledge. I guarantee you will run into tons of people in this world who disagree with you, and if this is how you treat those people, then I pity you.
    Last edited by rtstr; May 5, 2012 at 3:02 PM.