Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: huberdeau????

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default huberdeau????

does J Huberdeau make and impact next season? is he going to be a solid point producer? and what can we expect?....lots of questions eh?
    limited Keeper league points only , keep 9

FWDS: Tarasenko, Wheeler, Oshie, Nichuskin

Spezza, Sheifele, Kuznetsov, Duchene

DEF: Shattenkirk

GOAL: Bishop

Dobber Sports Veteran

He obviously has the talent to make it, the question is more about his defense and the fact that he's still young and filling out. I rate him highly though not as highly as Couturier, maybe a half level down. I'd be stunned if he doesn't see some NHL time next season but have no idea how much it will be.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Huberdeau will be in the show next season....i have little doubt. He should be among the many many many many potential Calder studs. It's going to be a great season to watch as far as the Calder Trophy race goes.

Yakupov, Kuznetsov (?maybe?), Coyle, Granlund, Schwartz, Silfverberg, Lehner (?maybe?), Markstrom (?maybe?), Rattie (?maybe?), Etem (?maybe?), Schultz, Colborne (?maybe?), Tatar, Nyquist, Dougie Hamilton......the list goes on and on (so many options)

To answer your question, I'd expect Huberdeau to log some decent PP minutes and a regular shift and if he can perform well then he should be a threat for 45-50+ points

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    He obviously has the talent to make it, the question is more about his defense and the fact that he's still young and filling out. I rate him highly though not as highly as Couturier, maybe a half level down. I'd be stunned if he doesn't see some NHL time next season but have no idea how much it will be.
    If you have Couturier higher then Huberdeau "long-term" you are going to be in trouble.. And a half level down yet? I would definitely have to disagree with you on this one..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Agree with Zorro. There is a logjam of talent in Philly. Huberdeau doesn't have much standing between him and a whack of minutes in FLA within the next couple years. Jagr had tremendous praise for Coututrier the other night at the end of the game, but it was also revolving around his defensive play, which is what they are using him as for the time being. I think someone brought up Jordan Staal the other day, great comparison.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    If you have Couturier higher then Huberdeau "long-term" you are going to be in trouble.. And a half level down yet? I would definitely have to disagree with you on this one..
    Pardon me for perhaps not being clear. Huberdeau has better fantasy potential because he looks to be a better scorer, plus Couturier is on a team that is loaded with scorers but for real NHL hockey, I think Couturier will be more valuable. That could also be the case in leagues that count certain defensive stats.
    Last edited by dongjohnson; April 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM.

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Redwingz07 View Post
    does J Huberdeau make and impact next season? is he going to be a solid point producer? and what can we expect?....lots of questions eh?
    I'm going to say yes, one more year of development was exactly what he needed. If he pans out, he will be a star. I don't know, maybe like 50-60 points next year? Haha I can handle it.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    Pardon me for perhaps not being clear. Huberdeau has better fantasy potential because he looks to be a better scorer, plus Couturier is on a team that is loaded with scorers but for real NHL hockey, I think Couturier will be more valuable. That could also be the case in leagues that count certain defensive stats.
    Ohhhh ok, I see what you are saying. I thought we were talking about a fantasy league. The way Couturier is playing against the PENS, you definitely have a great argument here. I would like to own both guys!! HAHA..

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Ohhhh ok, I see what you are saying. I thought we were talking about a fantasy league. The way Couturier is playing against the PENS, you definitely have a great argument here. I would like to own both guys!! HAHA..
    I'm actually hoping ESPN adds giveaways/takeaways, which would help two-way forwards a lot. Though I'd love to have Hubie either way!

That would be a nice stat cat for both these guys actually!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Any of you guys see Huberdeau play? To who can we compaire him in terms of style, leadership and upside?
    The puck stops here!
    8 teams, Points only, 2 pts goalie win (+2 for blank)
    The best 12F -- 6D -- 2G count.
    Real salary (not cap hit), 65M salary cap

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Colorjazz View Post
    Any of you guys see Huberdeau play? To who can we compaire him in terms of style, leadership and upside?
    vincent damphousse...

Damphousse: NHL stats..

5 seasons of 89 points or more!!
    8 seasons of 70 points or more!!

I'd take that from Huberdeau. But would be lying if I said I didn't want more..

Dobber Sports Genius

I grabbed him off the wire in Jan. and am strongly considering him among my 6 keepers.
    I think he will make the team and play regularly next season with pts. around the high 30s ,
    with the outside chance of hitting 40+.
    His longterm potential is where the real value is.
    I do know he's been suspended for a game in the Q league finals , not sure what for.
    Here's to hoping he pans out in the future.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Colorjazz View Post
    I've always compared him to Zach Parise.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."