Thread: Derek Stepan

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Derek Stepan

I lost in the semis finales of my signature pool this year even though I had the best team. With the majority of my team being free agents Im forced to go in to rebuild mode. I just traded for Stepan and Im very happy with the deal as I only gave up 2 contracts I was not going to resign anyway but I wanted to know what you guys thought of Stepan. As in, what you think he will score next year and his upside down the road. I myself have never been a very big fan of his but as I said I added him for almost free.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like this kid a lot... he's talented and plays on a solid line that's shown a ton of chemistry this year. I can see him scoring 60 next year - I'd say his ceiling his 65-70.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I like this kid a lot... he's talented and plays on a solid line that's shown a ton of chemistry this year. I can see him scoring 60 next year - I'd say his ceiling his 65-70.
    Thanks blaze, your one of the guys I really wanted to hear from as I know you watch more Rangers games then most.
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Monster

Anytime I would get to pick up a 60-65+ point player for virtually free im a happy camper.

Based on the cost to get him, its a win-win situation.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

You stole Stepan. Call it a hunch but I think Shaker's 60 - 65 points is conservative for Stepan in a couple of seasons. The kid has the "it" factor in my eyes.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

his college and wjc numbers are fantastic. 60pts next year should be realistic as he gets plenty of top pp time. as long as the rangers play a strong defensive systems game i would say 65pts tops but on a more offensive team i don't think 75pts is unrealistic.

Dobber Sports Novice

I see Stepan as the Ranger's future #1 C and a nice building block for your rebuild. The way I look at it is, how many 21 yr olds put up over 50 pts in the NHL this year (and 45 last yr)?