Thread: 2012 Playoff Pool - 20 player pick'em - $20

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default 2012 Playoff Pool - 20 player pick'em - $20

Greetings fellow Dobberites.. I runan annual playoff pool from my own site & would like to invite you to participate.. Registration is open till the puck drops for the first game of the first round. Cost is $20 - there's a PayPal option upon registering your team.

The pool can be found at ZamboniNation.com

Previous years have seen entries from coast to coast in Canada with some international flavor mixed I. From Japan, USA and the Caymans... Come aboard & have some fun.

Last year turnout was a little underwhelming with 65 entries & 1200 in payouts. I also send daily emails with commentary on the pool as well as my take on the playoff action.
    The prizes will be for 1st, 2nd & 3rd plus the leader after the end of each round. Prize amounts will be detemined by the number of entries which will be known once registration closes.

The rules are simple. Select 20 players from the players listed on the site. Your selections must consist of 12 forwards, 6 defence & 2 goalies. I should note that goalies are a team selection. The reason being that teams often switch their starting goalies come playoff time. By making it a team selection, you don't need to worry about picking a a single goalie on a team with 2 good ones (i.e. St.Louis Blues - Halak/Elliot).

It's important to keep in mind the scoring settings when picking your teams. For forwards & defencemen, goals are equal to 2 points & assists worth 1 point. For goalies, wins are worth 2 points & shutouts worth 3 points.

Lastly, you can enter more than once, but registration is limited to one entry per email address.

*Happy Playoffs everyone.* Game On!
    Thanks!
    -PD*
    --

Dobber Sports Master

so does the goalie receive 5 total points in a game where he gets the win & a shutout ?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    so does the goalie receive 5 total points in a game where he gets the win & a shutout ?
    Yes they do. Goalies that go the distance always prove valuable.
    --

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default 35 entries so far.

Last year saw 45 entries on the final day.. Pot is growing

Registration is super easy.. www.zambonination.com
    --