Poll: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Seriously, I just don't understand how people are this ignorant.
    i find this hilarious

Banned

I find it funny that people are saying the Rangers have the size to win, yet Ottawa has the bigger team overall.

92.92 kg compared the Rangers at 91.36 kg.

I think people will be in for a surprise when they see Ottawa have some tough grinders in Neil, Smith, Foligno, and Greening.

Dobber Sports Master

Since I somehow ended up with Spezza, Karlsson, and Alfredsson in my playoff pool I'm really starting to hope that Ev knows what he is talking about!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Immortal

The Dobber masses have spoken. Rangers in 5 it is.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I find it funny that people are saying the Rangers have the size to win, yet Ottawa has the bigger team overall.

92.92 kg compared the Rangers at 91.36 kg.

I think people will be in for a surprise when they see Ottawa have some tough grinders in Neil, Smith, Foligno, and Greening.
    I think it's just that the Rangers have a lot more guys willing to use the body. When looking at the season stats, every Blueshirt aside from Richards and Gaborik average a hit or more a game. For the Sens, Gilroy, Karlsson, Kuba, Gonchar, Daugavins, Alfredsson, Butler, Michalek, Turris, Spezza and Condra all average under 0.88 hits per game.
    Last edited by littleranger; April 11, 2012 at 1:23 PM.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    I think it's just that the Rangers have a lot more guys willing to use the body. When looking at the season stats, every Blueshirt aside from Richards and Gaborik average a hit or more a game. For the Sens, Gilroy, Karlsson, Kuba, Gonchar, Daugavins, Alfredsson, Butler, Michalek, Turris, Spezza and Condra all average under 0.88 hits per game.
    But regular seasons stats mean nothing

Dobber Sports Veteran

Haha well the Rangers are trained to finish their checks every shift. The Sens don't want Alfie or Spezza to break a nail

Dobber Sports Immortal

But regular seasons stats mean nothing
    Congratulations on rebutting every single comment against the Sens on this thread.

Regular season stats mean nothing but a team's style of play doesn;t change. Cmon man.

Banned

The Rags will be making a big mistake if they play Kreider, too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Congratulations on rebutting every single comment against the Sens on this thread.

Regular season stats mean nothing but a team's style of play doesn;t change. Cmon man.
    Oh but Ottawa's will against the Rangers, as I have been told.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The Rags will be making a big mistake if they play Kreider, too.
    What NHL team are you working for these days?

If he works out, the Rangers will have an extra scorer. If he doesn't, he'll get to soak in the experience. What's the downfall in having one extra player that can put the puck in the net as long as he can play the Ranger system?

EDIT: It also will give NYR players the incentive to work even harder every shift knowing that this kid is chomping at the bit to get into the lineup.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    What NHL team are you working for these days?

If he works out, the Rangers will have an extra scorer. If he doesn't, he'll get to soak in the experience. What's the downfall in having one extra player that can put the puck in the net as long as he can play the Ranger system?

EDIT: It also will give NYR players the incentive to work even harder every shift knowing that this kid is chomping at the bit to get into the lineup.
    The guy hasn't played 1 game of professional hockey in his life, and you'd be taking out somebody who got the Rangers to the #1 seed. He also has never even been to a training camp with the Rangers. Kreider has big concerns surrounding his mind for the game, so inserting him in a playoff game for his first NHL game would be a risk IMO.

I just don't think he will play.

Edit: it's nice to have him as an injury replacement though for sure
    Last edited by Big Ev; April 11, 2012 at 1:46 PM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The guy hasn't played 1 game of professional hockey in his life, and you'd be taking out somebody who got the Rangers to the #1 seed. He also has never even been to a training camp with the Rangers. Kreider has big concerns surrounding his mind for the game, so inserting him in a playoff game for his first NHL game would be a risk IMO.

I just don't think he will play.
    I think if they've gone out after the kid to sign him at this point, they're going to give him an opportunity. Whether it be 14 minutes or 5 minutes, he'll get a shot. I bet Torts tosses him on the 4th line to play with Rupp and Prust which is silly but it'll get a gauge of if he can keep up. The odds are against him to produce with those type of guys, but if he does and is responsible at both ends, then NY will have the option to put Fedotenko on the 4th line and they'll have 3 lines capable of putting the puck in the net.

Dobber Sports Veteran

And obviously it sucks for whoever is getting taken out of the lineup, but they have to understand that at this point the team will do whatever it takes to get the boost. These guys are grown men they'll be upset but I don't think it will be as harmful to the team as you would believe.

Dobber Sports Pro

Kreider is just another weapon the Rags now have at their disposal.

HIGHLY doubt he'll play every game, and don't see him playing game 1, but if/when the Rangers lose a game or two and want to shake things up I could see Kreider being put into the lineup to add a spark.

One thing I don't see is Kreider being put on the 4th line and getting 5 minutes. IMO, that'd be pointless. Either slide him on the 3rd line and give him 11-13 minutes (with some PP time), or let him just be around the team and watch from the press box and be ready to be called on when the Rangers lose a game and Torts wants to shake things up.

This signing I think is great for the Rangers. Most of the time, when the Rangers lose, it's because they can't score. Kreider would fit the bill of someone who has the skillset to create offense if that's what the Rangers were lacking the game prior in which they've lost, so then Torts could just insert Kreider to inject a bit of (offensive) life into the team. I think having Kreider as an extra over John Scott is an upgrade for sure. Doesn't hurt to have another tool in the shed.
    Last edited by PocketRockets05; April 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR