Poll: (4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs (5) Philadelphia Flyers

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16 56 61 62 63 64 65 66

Thread: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: (4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs (5) Philadelphia Flyers

Dobber Sports Master

GAA and SV% aren't all they are cracked up to be... Winning %, that's what matters.

Compare:
    Fleury
    Win % 33.3%
    GAA 4.63
    SV% 83.4%

Schneider
    Win % 33.3%
    GAA 1.31
    SV% 96.0%

Where it counts Fleury was every bit as good as Schneider, ergo Fleury wasn't the problem, right?

Now that is how you skew stats!
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    GAA and SV% aren't all they are cracked up to be... Winning %, that's what matters.

Compare:
    Fleury
    Win % 33.3%
    GAA 4.63
    SV% 83.4%

Schneider
    Win % 33.3%
    GAA 1.31
    SV% 96.0%

Where it counts Fleury was every bit as good as Schneider, ergo Fleury wasn't the problem, right?

Now that is how you skew stats!
    The way to skew stats is to not point out that Fleury's opponent in the other net spent the whole series hunting bears and that the PIT goal totals reflected that. Yet Fleury is still 33.3.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    What I find funny is that the media is focussed on Fleury's .834 GAA while they never mention Bryz's .871! Yeah it's all Fleury's fault...

This should have been a 2nd round series. Two great teams going at it in the 1st round because the NHL prefers to have Florida move on instead of Crosby AND Giroux... it's better for television viewing don't'cha know?
    dont most of the major sports handle playoff seeding in a similar manner

arent the division winners given top seeds then everyone else fills out the rest

6 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Today League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG
    W, GAA, SV, SV%
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 F, 6 D, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 10 - 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

14 Team Yahoo H2H Daily Tomorrow League
    G, A, -/+, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 1 U, 2 G, 5 Bench
    Keep 14 - 2 G Max

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This should have been a 2nd round series. Two great teams going at it in the 1st round because the NHL prefers to have Florida move on instead of Crosby AND Giroux... it's better for television viewing don't'cha know?
    The NHL really needs to rethink how they seed the teams. The Pens and the Flyers had more points than the "second" and "third" teams. That's ridiculous!
    12-Team One-Year League Rotisserie
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT W GAA SV% SHO
    Daily Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G
    The Maroons
    The Wanderers

Dobber Sports Icon

Yeah its disgusting. The best teams do not make the playoffs and a weaker team gets home advantage over a stronger team.

Banned

What I find funny is that the media is focussed on Fleury's .834 GAA while they never mention Bryz's .871! Yeah it's all Fleury's fault...

agreed...I'm ok with the divisional winners getting an automatic seed in the playoffs but giving them 1, 2, 3 is stupid, especially when you have a really shitty division that is barely worthy of playoff consideration to begin with. Gotta say though, FLA has a lot of heart, there is no quit in that team, they aren't sexy but they do win when they have to, there is something to be said for that

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sparrowtrini View Post
    Yeah its disgusting. The best teams do not make the playoffs and a weaker team gets home advantage over a stronger team.
    Yet that "weaker" team is one game away from eliminating the "stronger team".

I understand the point here and I fully agree with it. Florida didn't seem like a team worthy of home-ice before the playoffs started, but they played well when needed and are about to move onto the 2nd round.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar