Thread: LUongo - Pulled at last minute

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default LUongo - Pulled at last minute

Missed the reason. Any chance he doesnt play tomorrow?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Read one update online that said it was a "stiff neck" but that person did not leave any source and it was hard to tell if it was even remotely legit. Everything else says he simply left warmups early after banging his stick, whatever that means.

All I know is this is the LAST thing I needed with 3 days left in our H2H finals. Wish I had picked up Schneider earlier in the week (although given that everyone was saying Luongo would start I probably would not have moved Schneider into the starting spot in time anyways...). It is going to really suck if Luongo does not play tomorrow, could cost me the championship.

Hopefully someone will hear something more definitive before night is over.

Just read again on a more legit site that Luongo tweaked his neck somehow. If true, that makes me worry. With his mental issues the last thing we need is for him to have some reason to doubt himself. Even if the stiff neck excuse does not hold up, something happened to him if he left warmups early and did not start a game they had announced he would start.

And on top of that Schneider is playing real well, even if he did just let up a goal. Bad timing for Luongo to hurt himself given that Cory is playing so well and so many people want him to be the one playing. May be a blessing in disguise for the Canucks...

Although this could bury my team!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Have you ever woken up in the morning and had a pain in the neck? I have a few times.

Supposedly Roberto woke up with some pain, felt it tweak itself during the warm-up, and pulled himself.

Lou's just not a young whipper-snapper any more. It's nothing serious though, should be gone in a day or so....
    12 Team $ Keeper Dynasty (top 5 get paid) - ROTO daily changes

Roster: 3C / 3LW / 3RW / 4D / 1 Util / 2 G / 5 Bn / 6 Farm
    Scoring : G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, Save %, SO

C: Crosby, Hodgson, Steen, Dubinsky
    W: Alfredsson, Nash, Hall, J. Jokinen, Michalek, D. Brown, Simmonds, Yakupov, C. Neil
    D: Edler, Carlson, Kulikov, R. Ellis, Wideman
    G: Backstrom, Harding, S. Mason, Khudobin
    Prospects (<150 GP): Tarasenko, Etem, B. Smith, Hamilton, Lack, Tokarski

Yes I have, but amazed that Luongo would not try and play through it...

I really, really hope Luongo grows a pair and plays tomorrow.

Couple updates:

@FarhanLaljiTSN: Schneider says he was tipped off this morning he might have to play, so Luongo's injury didn't start pre-game. #canucks

@FarhanLaljiTSN: AV said if it was a critical game Luongo could have played. They'll see how he feels tomorrow before deciding who starts. #canucks