Thread: Derek Brassard

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Derek Brassard

I am in a deep keeper league and last year I drafted Brassard. Now I understand you think he is a band-aid boy already and he hasn\'t even made it into the NHL. He has offensive potential, I think, but I would like some more educated feedback about him. A few people in my league are not loyal dobber followers, such as myself, and they think he is highly rated. Thanks.

I...am your father.

Default Re:Derek Brassard

He is highly rated. One of the most offensively gifted players outside the NHL. However, his shoulder problems are serious. I\'d like to think that surgery last year took care of it once and for all. For all I know, it did. But you need to be aware that it could shorten a career. Then again, Marian Hossa had a serious knee injury that required surgery and I had him categorized the same way. He was 19 at the time. It\'s safe to say that the knee is not a problem, given that he hardless misses any games.

Just want to keep my readers aware of the issue. It could be nothing.

At any rate, Brassard is still a good two or three years away, so the wait on him is long.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re:Derek Brassard

Thanks, I figured he had the offense but wasn\'t fully aware of his injuries. My keeper league awards 2 points for powerplay goals and 3 for short handed goals; 1 point for regular goal and 1 point for assist. Based on that, I drafted Brassard thinking he would be a 40+ goal scorer someday in the NHL.