Thread: Who has the best site for scoring?? Yahoo, CBS, Fantrax, Pool Expert or Other??

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Who has the best site for scoring?? Yahoo, CBS, Fantrax, Pool Expert or Other??

Our league has been using poolexpert.com for the past few years. Unfortunately it requires the commissioner to input all weekly roster changes for all 20 teams. Sort of time consuming.

Our league is now looking into switching to an alternative site that allows each GM to make their own weekly roster changes.

So, let us know which one is the best.

CBS, YAHOO, FANTRAX, OTHER???

All opinions and suggestions are appreciated.

NS55

Dobber Sports Immortal

I have been a heavy Yahoo user for about 5 years now and have always really enjoyed it. Aside for the occassional slow update to positions/players/injuries, they are really good. Navigation is very easy as all information that you migth need is pretty easy to find. They also seem to be adding new features every year which is great to keep things fresh. I do wish that they had a little more customization possible, but I guess you can't have everything.

We use CBS for the UHL league that a bunch of Dobberites are in and I have to say that I have found it to be an absolute nightmare. Everything that is easy to find on Yahoo because it is one click away is two or three clicks away or just a confusing mess to get to.

Funny thing is we wanted to do that pool on Fantrax but it didn't have a H2H option so we switched to CBS. Others on this board will be able to give you a better idea of how Fantrax is as I have never used it. Heard a lot of good things though.

Dobber Sports Stud

I like Yahoo baseball but had not been a fan of Yahoo hockey until this season, when I thought it became much improved. In the past, hockey had been the redheaded stepchild of Yahoo's fantasy sports, at least among the big four. For example, sometimes players listed on IR at NHL.com and their teams' official sites wouldn't be given IR designation in Yahoo until days or even weeks later. That NEVER happens in Yahoo baseball. I forget which guy it was, but one hockey player last season who had been on IR for a while (per every site but Yahoo) was finally made IR-eligible by Yahoo on the day he was reactivated.

Can't help but wonder if the NBA lockout had something to do with the improvement this season; maybe staff normally assigned to Yahoo basketball had nothing better to do than help hockey staff stay on top of things. I'm interested to see what happens next season when the NBA starts on time (and hopefully when there's no NHL lockout).

Just don't expect much from Yahoo's player notes. Both Yahoo's own and those from Rotowire read like they're written by fifth-graders.

P.S.: No offense intended to any redheads and/or stepchildren.

Dobber Sports Expert

Since iīve played in all types of leagues so far( besides pool expert) i must admit that i will not ever join a league again thats not on fantrax.

CBS is a piece of shit as can been seen in the UHL. No prospects listed minor system not working, not even able to compare stats of teams etc...

Yahoo is decent but nothing special itīs very much the basic thing. Okay for 1-year leagues but for keepers there are better options.

ESPN is very close to yahoo a little more features and flashier but not that smooth running.

Fantrax might look the worst in design but is by far the best database with the most players and most options. Only bad thing to say is the fee if you want all those special additional features( draft pick trading, salary etc.etc.). But if you are a league that wants to be a keeper itīs bascially 5 bucks per person for a lifetime fee so not a biggie at all.

So if you plan on a league without minors or one year leagues Yahoo is totally fine. For everything more deep go fantrax.
    Commish of UNFFHL, dangered species being the sole Panthers fan on Dobber.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Awesome input guys. Thanks.
    Since our league is extremely prospect and draft pick heavy I think we'll give Fantraxx a try first.

Good luck to all in your playoffs.

Ns55

Dobber Sports Sophomore

No brainer - fantrax. Ridiculous customizability, and all their "automation" features saves huge amounts of time for the commissioner. I can't think of why anyone would use any other site unless they haven't heard of fantrax.

Hope that helps
    League info: 15 team H-2-H
    9 Forwards, 4 Defense, 2 Goalies
    SKATERS: Goals, Assists, Shoot-out Goals, Powerplay Points, Shorthanded Points (X2), Penalty Minutes (X0.25)
    GOALIES: Wins (X2), Shutouts (X3), Shootout Win, Penalty Minutes (X0.25)

PRO TEAM FORWARDS: Couture, Kucherov, Ovechkin, Schwartz, Tavares, Wennberg, J.T. Miller, Nugent-Hopkins, Spooner
    PRO TEAM DEFENSE: Hedman, Pietrangelo, Trouba
    PRO TEAM GOALIE: Johnson and Ward

MINOR TEAM FORWARDS: Larkin, Marner, Pasternak, Reinhart, Lazar, Lehkonen, McCann, Motte
    MINOR TEAM DEFENSE: Chychrun, Deangelo, Matheson
    MINOR TEAM GOALIE: Lehner, Saros, Vasilevskiy, Gillies and Sorokin

PROTECT 8 PROS AND 10 MINORS, can dress minors in weekly H-2-H matchups

Dobber Sports Prodigy

What coachBrouwer and keytolife said. Yahoo for one year leagues, Fantrax for everything else.

Dobber Sports Stud

I am in leagues on Yahoo, Fantrax, Officepools and Pool Expert.

The best is Fantrax and the worst is Pool Expert IMO.
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper