Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thank you Halak....

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by bromleyhockey View Post
    if it wasnt for Halaks tremendous play in the last month would you even have made the playoffs?? think about that before you flame the guy. I know he helped my teams BIG TIME.

I received a few first round byes because of his goaltending.
    To answer your question yes i would. The 2nd place guy was 80 points behind me at regular seasons end, so i would say yes i would have, quite comfortably.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by BigT1981 View Post
    ....for killing any chances i had at advancing...this really ticks me off. He plays like dominik hasek ever since hitch took over, and when i absolutely have to have a good game he does this 2 goals on 9 shots so far. This league i'm i absolutely dominated all year, noone even close, and now looks like i'm going to be done in by my goaltending which has been good all year, just when i need it most...all i need is solid goaltending nothing spectacular, and i cant even get that. Btw i have him in 2 seperate leagues and he's dragging me under in teh other league as well...i dont get it why does this happen?!?!?!?!? i'm sry i'm venting...its just maddening when u dominate in a league then to have it just be pulled out from under you...doesnt make sense...
    What the hell are you talking about? LOL The friggin guy has what, one bad game in 2 months and you're complaining? Really? Man, you must young and naive. Name another goalie who has been better in the last 4 months or whenever it was that Hitch took over. I dare you. Get real buddy. This isn't even a 'what have you done for me'. Its ONE game.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yea and this "one game" is gonna cost me my league i'm in, so i feel like i have a right to not be happy. If u dominated your h2h league all year, and one of your goalies plays so bad that it costs you the league i bet u wouldnt be happy either. Just sayin.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by bromleyhockey View Post
    if it wasnt for Halaks tremendous play in the last month would you even have made the playoffs?? think about that before you flame the guy. I know he helped my teams BIG TIME.

I received a few first round byes because of his goaltending.
    we'd all be far ahead in the regular season if halak showed up in the first few months. instead he let career backup elliott steal the job. so no, im not gonna thank halak. i'll thank hitch cause without hitch and his system, none of these goalies would have the success they're having right now.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

you are exactly right...ive been sayin that for a long time. only way a goalie can go from dud to stud like halak has and elliot for that matter is from a new defense first system from a new coach.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'll thank him if he can blank out the lowly BJs tonight.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Sorry ... but Halak been getting breaks all season from Hitchcock to try to build the guys confidence ... hes even giving him Columbus again tonight ahead of Elliott whose been playing light out and due to set a new record ... but no Hitch has to try to make mgmt look better for taking Hasek (oh sorry Halak) as their no. 1. I hope they pay for it in the real playoff upcoming ... no sympathy here. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Rookie

...and one more thing. Elliotts nos. were just as good before Hitchcock took over ... take a look at the nos. for those that say its all about the defence ... yes that defence has helped both goalies ... but Elliott was putting up the nos. long before Hitchcock arrived and when Halak was a complete basketcase.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by the_slaves View Post
    ...and one more thing. Elliotts nos. were just as good before Hitchcock took over ... take a look at the nos. for those that say its all about the defence ... yes that defence has helped both goalies ... but Elliott was putting up the nos. long before Hitchcock arrived and when Halak was a complete basketcase.
    How were they "just as good"? He stole the job in Ottawa for a season or so and then lost the job to Anderson the following season. The guy is a career backup.

Dobber Sports Rookie

HA HA ... Did you play Halak again last night ... Columbus is his archnemesis ...

Dobber Sports Immortal

I hate this guy.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

You just don't pay a starter goalie the money he's getting just to put him on the bench. No matter how well Elliott plays, the clear starter will always get the starts. It makes no sense to pay a starter to warm the bench for the season it just doesn't.

All you Elliott owners, quit your whining....should have gotten the Halak Elliott tandem then you won't have these problems. You don't see Luongo get paid the amount of money he's getting to sit in the back seat just because Schneider is playing lights out(as much as I wish that was the case).
    One year league:
    G 1 A 1 +/- 0.5 PIM 0.5 PPP 1 SHP 2 ||W 5 L -2 GA -.25 SHO 5

C Marleau(C, LW) / J. Staal(C, LW)
    LW Hall / Eriksson(LW, RW)
    RW Selanne / Malkin(C, RW)
    D Giordano / D. Boyle / Enstrom / Timonen
    Util Ott(C, LW)
    G Fleury / Ward
    BN Varlamov / Hiller / Downie(LW, RW) / Purcell
    IR

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by the_slaves View Post
    HA HA ... Did you play Halak again last night ... Columbus is his archnemesis ...
    Not only losing but giving up 4. Wow. Just f'ed me over.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Seems like im not the only one who got screwed in the end by halak. I traded Adam larsson,backes, can ward and jack Johnson to acquire wheeler and halak. At the time bryzgalov was my number 3 behind ward, but now bryz has surpassed halak and Elliott is stealing the starts. My main competitor acquired hossa and carle and now he has gained a bigger gap o er me. Im upset but im hoping that halak will be great for next year and beyond, that is to say he is the starter in the playoffs because if he isn't im sure St.Louis will trade him away.

Dobber Sports Novice

I can see Halak on a team like TB or Chicago next year. I don't think St Loo will go with both again unless they make the cup Finals this year