Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2012 H2H Storytime

Dobber Sports Stud

After a very strong regular season, I got knocked out of the first round of the playoffs by Mike Smith. Not just his goaltending, mind you; he also had four PIMs, enough to tie that cat for the week which gave my opponent the razor-thin win (3W 2L 4T, and I had the tie-breaker).

Ugh. But that's H2H for ya.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Only was really active in two leagues and quit one of 'em as soon as I got ousted in the first round somehow. I went something like 17-1 or w/e in the regular season (I know I only lost one matchup the whole season) and dominated the league and got 1st seed. No byes so I get the last seed in the playoffs as my opponent. I get my ass handed to me in the first round. Can you imagine how much that pissed me off? A lot.

My one year league that I'm still active in though, with the team name of Ron Hextall, I got 2nd seed and a 1st round bye while missing 1st seed by just one point. One point. Winning in the second round 8 to 1. Goalie cats are the only thing my opponent is even close to winning. My team looks like this (12 team league):

Benn-Stamkos-Pominville
    J. Jokinen-Roy-Eriksson
    Vanek-O. Jokinen-Jagr
    Turris
    Konopka
    Kelly

Karlsson-Carle
    O' Brien-Goligoski

Niemi
    Smith
    Schneider

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    You know I can't handle hearing your teams losing... I'm rooting for you.
    At least Halak should be going Thursday.

I almost picked-up Holtby for last night... but thankfully, I did not.
    I hate losing period... especially when I seemingly draft an amazing team against seemingly "easy" opponents! It's not even a matter of overestimating myself or underestimating my opponent... I tried everything in my power to win but the dice just won't roll in my favour. I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen to me again in this H2H $ league with Rinne/Halak. 6/13 categories for goaltending and my goaltending is suspect....

Fortunately roto is a different story. Good draft, good season, good trades, lead to good results in the end . I'm on pace to win both roto leagues if I don't get too much bad luck in the next 10 days.

Dobber Sports Stud

Looks like I'm gonna lose the H2H league with yet another #1 seed, favourite.

I have so many more legitimate first liners and second liners than my opponent and yet I'm losing in offense. I have Subban, Ott, Perry and I'm losing in PIMs. I have Rinne/Halak/Dubnyk vs his Theodore/Vokoun and I'm losing in goalie cats 2-3-1.

Jesus Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Pro

Got a horror story for you guys from last week.

I was the #1 seed playing the #6 seed last week. The last time I lost a head-to-head matchup in my pool was week 7 (Novemeber 2011).

Going into Sunday I was up 8-2. Was pretty much smashing the guy who I was playing the entire week too.

The GM who I'm playing picks up Ryan Jones late Saturday night as a spot start for Sunday.

Ryan Jones' stat line on Sunday: 1G, 2A, +3, 1SHP. That short-handed point (which was a secondary assist into an empty net) gave the guy who I was playing a category so now it's 8-3. Furthermore, those 2 assists by Ryan Jones put the guy who I was playing up by 1 assist, so now it's 7-4 for me.

Going into the later games, I had Seabrook, Yandle, Bobby Ryan, and Ray Whitney. The guy who I was playing just had Brian Elliott left.

At this point in time, I needed just 1 assist from Seabrook, Yandle, B.Ryan, or Whitney to tie the assist category, and needed Phoenix to score just 1 goal to be guaranteed GAA/SV%.

So what happens.....the worst possible scenario. Seabrook, Yandle, B.Ryan, Whitney combine for 0 assists in their games, and Elliott gets a shutout which barely gave the guy who I was playing GAA/SV%.

The matchup ends up going from 7-4 to me, to 6-5 for the other guy. Heartbreaking loss to say the least
    Last edited by PocketRockets05; March 30, 2012 at 1:42 AM.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Stud

Need a Clemmensen or Rinne shutout tonight otherwise I'm pretty screwed. I played 6 goalie games mean while with 1 win 5 losses while the other guy has played only 2 with 1 loss. All he needs is a great game to sweep me in GAA SV% which he already is doing. Fcuk man give me some luck!!!!!!!!!

Dobber Sports Stud

I need the Sharks to destroy Dallas tonight. 5-1 with a ton of shots and goals from Marleau, Havlat, Boyle, or Burns....

Dobber Sports Stud

Rinne/Halak giving up 7 combined @ home tonight... it's over.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

#*@$.
    Worst. Fantasy. Hockey. Day. Ever.

I just watched three leagues go flush down the toilet today.

League 1: Started the day by benching C.Anderson against the Flyers. Missed a Win and 37 saves!!! Used my two transactions for B.Jackman and Beauchemin... who rake in a grand total of 0 Blocked Shots. (Last night I internally debated for 15 minutes on B.Jackman vs. V.Hedman. I finally decided on Jackman, with BkS being key category to win. At least Hedman got 2 BkS... oh and 15 PIM which would have flipped that category to my advantage.)

League 2: Halak... $^#* the bed. Ryan Miller... @*&^ the bed. GAA gone, SV% gone. Goalies are 1-7 this week.

League 3: My opponent has four Phoenix Coyotes. Critical categories this week are SO & PPP. And he's got Mike Smith, Radim Vrbata, Ray Whitney, and Martin Hanzal. Who the #*&$ has a team with FOUR Phoenix Coyotes!?!

GOOD BYE, H2H...
    SAD PENGWIN.
    Last edited by Pengwin7; April 1, 2012 at 12:14 AM.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRockets05 View Post
    Got a horror story for you guys from last week.

I was the #1 seed playing the #6 seed last week. The last time I lost a head-to-head matchup in my pool was week 7 (Novemeber 2011).

Going into Sunday I was up 8-2. Was pretty much smashing the guy who I was playing the entire week too.

The GM who I'm playing picks up Ryan Jones late Saturday night as a spot start for Sunday.

Ryan Jones' stat line on Sunday: 1G, 2A, +3, 1SHP. That short-handed point (which was a secondary assist into an empty net) gave the guy who I was playing a category so now it's 8-3. Furthermore, those 2 assists by Ryan Jones put the guy who I was playing up by 1 assist, so now it's 7-4 for me.

Going into the later games, I had Seabrook, Yandle, Bobby Ryan, and Ray Whitney. The guy who I was playing just had Brian Elliott left.

At this point in time, I needed just 1 assist from Seabrook, Yandle, B.Ryan, or Whitney to tie the assist category, and needed Phoenix to score just 1 goal to be guaranteed GAA/SV%.

So what happens.....the worst possible scenario. Seabrook, Yandle, B.Ryan, Whitney combine for 0 assists in their games, and Elliott gets a shutout which barely gave the guy who I was playing GAA/SV%.

The matchup ends up going from 7-4 to me, to 6-5 for the other guy. Heartbreaking loss to say the least

Your story makes me feel a lot better about my impending loss. Looks to me like a lot of ou were in the same boat as guys who dominated in the regular season decided to suddenly not shoot the puck or get any points (ie hartnell, giroux, selanne, eberle, etc...the list goes on). So frustrating...

Dobber Sports Stud

So who else stacked up on Sharks? 4 games this week but no production from Boyle, Burns, Marleau, Havlat.......

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thrills of "Close" to victory:

Secured first place for over 3 or 4 months, can't remember by over 100+ points

Agonies of defeat:

Only to lose the first place on March 31, 2012. Exactly a week from the end of season

Venting:

Reason why I lost is because the group of friends decided that it was cool to invest and monopolize into one person's team by trading all of their top players to this one guy and he caught up to me. Pissed as hell, I decided to stream my heart out to try and keep first place but in the end, my efforts were futile....(because we had unlimited waiver moves)
    One year league:
    G 1 A 1 +/- 0.5 PIM 0.5 PPP 1 SHP 2 ||W 5 L -2 GA -.25 SHO 5

C Marleau(C, LW) / J. Staal(C, LW)
    LW Hall / Eriksson(LW, RW)
    RW Selanne / Malkin(C, RW)
    D Giordano / D. Boyle / Enstrom / Timonen
    Util Ott(C, LW)
    G Fleury / Ward
    BN Varlamov / Hiller / Downie(LW, RW) / Purcell
    IR

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    League 3: Captain Cangiroux. One-YearH2H 9/4 cat split
    Well Pengwin, today is the day. Do you think your squad can pull you through and (maybe) meet me in the final? It's a close one. Mine's not guaranteed either regardless of the score as a few categories are close and a good performance by Jay today could put me at risk.

If we both made it, it would be a fun matchup. Good luck today.

Dobber Sports Stud

What a shitty week eh? I had the best goaltending duo coming in and needed some clutch wins last night and what happens...Rinne gives up 5 at home, Halak gives up 4 at home to CLS...what the f happened to defense? /rant

Matchup:

Tied 6-6...I just need to keep it tied to advance to the Finals and have a shot at the $500 jackpot...

My opponent has Montoya vs OTT 3PM and Theodore @ DET today 4PM. I am begging the hockey gods they do not start. Montoya is on B2B after giving up 6 and Theodore has been crap lately. I have Dubnyk @ ANH 8PM but I'd rather not play him after seeing Anaheim throw 21 shots on PHX in the first period last night.

IF the goalies are taken out of the equation, then it's just offense vs offense. I have Perry, Zetterberg, Michalek, Stalberg, Hemsky, Perverley, Clearly, Streit playing versus his Malkin, Bergeron, Cooke, Ryan, Foligno, Stepan, Chara, Karlsson, Hamonic, White and the only categories I need to win outright are SOG or G.

Time to step it up!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    What a shitty week eh? I had the best goaltending duo coming in and needed some clutch wins last night and what happens...Rinne gives up 5 at home, Halak gives up 4 at home to CLS...what the f happened to defense? /rant

Matchup:

Tied 6-6...I just need to keep it tied to advance to the Finals and have a shot at the $500 jackpot...

My opponent has Montoya vs OTT 3PM and Theodore @ DET today 4PM. I am begging the hockey gods they do not start. Montoya is on B2B after giving up 6 and Theodore has been crap lately. I have Dubnyk @ ANH 8PM but I'd rather not play him after seeing Anaheim throw 21 shots on PHX in the first period last night.

IF the goalies are taken out of the equation, then it's just offense vs offense. I have Perry, Zetterberg, Michalek, Stalberg, Hemsky, Perverley, Clearly, Streit playing versus his Malkin, Bergeron, Cooke, Ryan, Foligno, Stepan, Chara, Karlsson, Hamonic, White and the only categories I need to win outright are SOG or G.

Time to step it up!
    Lost by 2 SOG. Once again no shows from some of my star players. What a disappointment.