Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hall

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    So they picked a guy 1st overall who already had a lingering shoulder injury?
    Yes, because he was the best player.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Yeah, I wasn’t hopeful. The track record of teams putting guys on IR this late in the season is not very good.
    I'm very sad, as I've pretty much come to this same realization over the past few days. I'm currently getting thumped in Goals and Assists, and having Hall sporting the DTD like a boss doesn't help me one bit. Need a push to make the championship round.

Oh well, another beautiful complexity of fantasy hockey keeper pools.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I'm very sad, as I've pretty much come to this same realization over the past few days. I'm currently getting thumped in Goals and Assists, and having Hall sporting the DTD like a boss doesn't help me one bit. Need a push to make the championship round.

Oh well, another beautiful complexity of fantasy hockey keeper pools.
    Get rid of him the moment you can sell high next season (or maybe even during the off season)

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Get rid of him the moment you can sell high next season (or maybe even during the off season)
    I've really been thinking about it a lot recently. I've always been aware of the whole injury risk associated with him, but I received him in a trade this year (obviously) before this whole labrum garbage came to light over the past couple days.

I'm not going to ship him off unless I can get good value out of him, but I'll be looking to make a move if I can. I'm thinking I agree with some others that the best time to ship him off might just be early next season, training camp perhaps.

Cheers.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Novice

everybody who has hall on their teams should think twice about keeping this guy he will be on the IR more times then you would like , lindros all over again ,lindros always skated with his head down just ask Scott Stevens ,Hall is doing the same thing, if he does not change his playing days will be short lived.
    salming,simply the best.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I was initially going to ask if anyone has heard anything on how Halls shoulder is doing, I guess I still am. So anyone have any updates?

But as I read the last page on this thread I just wanted to say that everyone should relax on this kid. Here are some comparables:

Player Games Played Points
    Hall 126 in 2 seasons 95
    Skinner 146 in 2 seasons 107
    Eberle 147 in 2 seasons 119

Freak accident one
    Hall was on pace for a full season in year one, got into a fight and rolled his ankle and missed remaining games, 17 in total.
    Freak accident two
    Head sliced open and now looks like Frankenstein, missed 2 games.

The remaining games were due to legit injuries, a total of 18 games. If you compare that to Skinner, 18 games, and Eberle, 17 games, he is at basically the same games lost due to injury.
    I know Hall is a reckless player, I prefer fearless, but he is still young and still getting stronger and faster. Not to mention IF this shoulder injury has been bothering him since junior I would argue that the shoulder injury could be also taken off the books.
    I know I will probably get slammed for this post but if Hall is labeled as a BAB then is Eberle and Skinner too and I’m sure there are many more examples.
    16 Team H2H Keeper Year 16
    Skater Points
    G2, A1, DG+1, DA+1, GWG1, HAT3, OTG1, PIM0.5, PPG1, PPA1, PenaltyShotG1, SHG2, ShootOutG1, SOG0.1, +/-1
    Goalie Points

W4, S 0.14, GA-1, OW1, ShootOutW 1, SO2
    Line-Up
    F (start 6): Connor, Svechnikov, Guentzel, , Kaprizov
    D (start 4): Q Hughes, Ekblad, DeAngelo, Makar
    G (start 1):
    8 Keepers:

16 Team Roto Keeper League:
    Cats
    G, A, +/-, PPP, HIT, SOG, D Points, W, and SV%.
    Line-Up
    3C: Barzal, Duchene, Kyrou, Couturier
    3LW: Lafreniere, Debrincat, Garland, J Robertson
    3RW: Puljujarvi, Bjorkstrand, Fiala, Reinhart, McCann
    4D: Bouchard, Cabot, Klingburg, S Jones, Byram
    2G (Max): Rask, Hellebuyck
    5 Keepers

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I was initially going to ask if anyone has heard anything on how Halls shoulder is doing, I guess I still am. So anyone have any updates?

But as I read the last page on this thread I just wanted to say that everyone should relax on this kid. Here are some comparables:

Player Games Played Points
    Hall 126 in 2 seasons 95
    Skinner 146 in 2 seasons 107
    Eberle 147 in 2 seasons 119

Freak accident one
    Hall was on pace for a full season in year one, got into a fight and rolled his ankle and missed remaining games, 17 in total.
    Freak accident two
    Head sliced open and now looks like Frankenstein, missed 2 games.

The remaining games were due to legit injuries, a total of 18 games. If you compare that to Skinner, 18 games, and Eberle, 17 games, he is at basically the same games lost due to injury.
    I know Hall is a reckless player, I prefer fearless, but he is still young and still getting stronger and faster. Not to mention IF this shoulder injury has been bothering him since junior I would argue that the shoulder injury could be also taken off the books.
    I know I will probably get slammed for this post but if Hall is labeled as a BAB then is Eberle and Skinner too and I’m sure there are many more examples.
    Great post. Nothing more to ad besides support for your side of the argument. I think everyone needs to relax on the BB status. And I know I could get called on owner optimism, but I just acquired him this off season. I think he'll harness the recklessness/fearless play, and use it to his advantage. Now, if he goes out and misses a large portion of the coming season because of an injury, feel free to call me an idiot, but I'm fairly confident that he'll be golden, and hit 80 points as early as this season.
    F: P. Kane, Oshie, N. Foligno, Thorton, Coyle, Marleau, Pavelski, Dubinsky
    Steen
    D: seabrooke, Subban,wizniewski,garrison, Carle
    G: Niemi, Fleury,

G/A-1 pt PIM- .25pts
    Win-2pts Shutouts- 5pts(2+3)
    Keep 10. Top 13 count (4 d, 1 g, 6 Frwd and next highest-any position)

Dobber Sports Ace

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/08/08/...all-encouraged

according to this article I am speculating he had a dislocated shoulder with glenoid (shoulder socket) bone loss. Imagine a golfball sitting on a tee, except the tee is missing 30% of its top.

So he didn't have an arthroscopic labral repair, but instead they either took a piece of bone from his hip or his coracoid to reattach it to the glenoid (socket).

As a result I'm not sure he's going to do that great this year. It takes longer to recover then an arthroscopic repair. He is also more at risk for recurrent instability.
    Last edited by cdubb; August 9, 2012 at 9:12 PM.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/08/08/...all-encouraged

according to this article I am speculating he had a dislocated shoulder with glenoid (shoulder socket) bone loss. Imaging a golfball sitting on a tee, except the tee is missing 30% of its top.

So he didn't have an arthroscopic labral repair, but instead they either took a piece of bone from his hip or his coracoid to reattach it to the glenoid (socket).

As a result I'm not sure he's going to do that great this year. It takes longer to recover then an arthroscopic repair. He is also more at risk for recurrent instability.
    Anatomy talk is hot!
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_Robbie View Post
    Anatomy talk is hot!
    Thanks for the laughing fit.

Dobber Sports Superstar

The latest as far as an update:
    http://www.edmontonsun.com/2012/08/0...all-encouraged
    EDMONTON - Taylor Hall is hoping to be third time lucky.

After two cursed campaigns in the NHL, marred by a season-ending high ankle sprain, a 30-stitch cut across his forehead, a troublesome concussion and season-ending shoulder surgery, the third-year Oiler is counting on better days ahead.

And not only because things can’t get much worse.

On the ice again, four long months after deep and invasive repairs on his injured shoulder, Hall says he’s feeling better than he has in years.

“It’s encouraging for sure,” said the 20-year-old winger, who is wearing full equipment, but not taking any contact during his training sessions back home in Kingston.

“It’s held up fine so I’m pretty excited about that. It’s time to start being a hockey player again.”

Especially after how last season ended.

“The surgery was tough. They didn’t just do it arthroscopically, they cut me open and moved the bone around. I have a three-inch scar on my shoulder.

“It was a little different for me, being on all the pain killers afterward, not being able to do much. I had to sleep on a La-Z-Boy for the first week. It was a tough stretch. I had to fly my mom in to take care of me and make me food and everything.

“But now it feels like I have a brand new shoulder. It’s exciting for me because I haven’t really had that in the last two years.”

Hall expects to be ready for opening night, if the season goes ahead as scheduled, and believes his repaired shoulder will make him better than he ever was before.

“There were games last year where it would get hurt in the first period and for the rest of the game I wouldn’t really be able to do much because I’d be in pain.

‘‘Not enough pain to take me out of the game, but enough to kind of hamper me a little bit.

“Sometimes when I went into the boards I would have to lose the battle because I knew if I put my shoulder a certain way it would kind of pop out. Now I won’t have that.”

Why not have surgery two months earlier, putting an end to his chronic pain and guaranteeing he’d be at full strength for the start of training camp?

“It was my choice,” he said. “There were times last year when Tamby and the medical staff sat me down and said listen, you should probably have surgery right now. I didn’t want to do that.

‘‘I wanted to play the rest of the season. I felt good enough to, but there were definitely times when it wasn’t really good for me at all.”

It’s done now, and after having played just 126 of 164 games in his first two seasons, Hall is ready for a change of fortune.

“It’s been a couple of tumultuous seasons, but mentally I have to put it behind me and start out fresh,” he said.

“I know that I’m a good enough hockey player to put a full season together, I just need to do it.”

RECKLESS STYLE

Hall is well aware that some people believe he isn’t as durable as he could be, at least not durable enough to survive his reckless style.

He dismisses those notions, but admits he needs to protect himself a little better out there.

“I’ve run into some bad luck,” he said, pointing out that spraining an ankle in a fight and being cut by a skate blade in a pre-game skate are freak accidents, not the sign of a body breaking down.

“But when something happens two years in a row you start to think about things. I have to put that behind me and maybe change a couple of things up in my game.

“I just need to get a full year under my belt and that will all go away.

‘‘Once I do that, the whispers will go away.”

Dobber Sports Superstar

whoops, didn't realize it was the same article as linked above.

Dobber Sports Stud

You should check his Twitter.

"Taylor Hall ‏@hallsy04
    Feels great to be back on the ice. Almost 4 months to the day of surgery"

At least he's skating again.

EDIT: oops didn't realize there were more posts with more information.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_Robbie View Post
    Anatomy talk is hot!
    That's what 13 years of post high school training will get you! And a big student debt!
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    That's what 13 years of post high school training will get you! And a big student debt!
    Yeah, that's why I just skipped the med training and taught A&P in high school...Lots more paid fellowships for pure science than medicine, unfortunately.
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones