Thread: Looking to track "3-stars" selections, this season - a little help ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Looking to track "3-stars" selections, this season - a little help ?

Aloha.

For the backhistory: a buddy and I were discussing the Avs/Caps trade that brought Varly to Colorado, and whether opinions about its value were changing. ( Yeah, I'm a bit of a Varly fan admittedly, but I agree that he certainly didn't come cheap! )

We got onto being curious about the number of times Varlamov had appeared in the 3-star selection, relative to the number of his games played. Does anyone know of a site that tracks the actual announced 3 stars on a team-by-team basis ?

Obviously, its a trashy subjective statistic we'd never seriously base a players performance on - but it occurred to me that it could be a fun item to use for our many "side-bets" during a pool season !

Much obliged if anyone can offer a tip.

2Evils.

Dobber Sports Stud

I don't know about a web site, but I know the game summaries have them.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

I hear ya, Nights..and thanks. I should probably have pointed out that I'm simply too lazy to actually backtrack through a whole season on NHL.com, and was praying for a simpler solution.

Isn't everything on the internet these days !?!

I emailed Ken Jennings the very same question, and he replied " Go @$#& yourself - ask Watson ! "

Dobber Sports Stud

While I have no clue if they are the same, Yahoo has them in each game, and you could go through Varly's game by game and check the games where he could get it (wins under 3 GAA) to get a rough idea that won't take as long as going through each game.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Point taken - thanks ! I will take a quick scroll thru em', and see what results.

So, if there's any interest - here's what the fact finding mission came up with.

Varlamov - 44gp : 8 first star selections, 4 second stars, and 3 third stars.

Not too shabby looking, I suppose. It was startling to notice how many of the Av's losses this year were by a 1-goal margin. Ouch.

And as a side note while looking these games over.. really have to hand it to Giguere as a backup goalie/mentor that many thought was washed up:

Giguere - 30gp : 5 first star selections, 2 second stars, and 3 third stars.

And once again, for the record...what does this all prove ? Absolutely nothing.

( except maybe that Cedric Desjardins may be yet another season away from seeing backup goalie status for the Avalanche )