Thread: Who wants in my keeper league?

I...am your father.

Default Who wants in my keeper league?

For the second time in our 11 year history, an owner has quit. His team is going up for auction. We reach out to friends who are interested in joining a very serious fantasy hockey keeper league, but this time I thought I would see what I can drum up in the DobberHockey community. After all, so many of you invite me into your leagues (which I have to always decline, due to being in so many).

That being said, I have fairly strict criteria.

1. To best fit in with our group, you would need to be over the age of 32.

2. You MUST attend annual drafts in Toronto (even years), or London (odd years)

3. Preference will be given to those of you that I know, or have seen on these boards, or who I've dealt with in the past.

If you're interested, let me know and if you qualify you can bid on a team that will finish in second place. Last year this team finished in second in the regular season and second in the playoffs. So within a year the team will have won close to $1000. The last time a team went up for auction, over $500 was the cost to the winner - and that was the worst team in the league.

Rules? Go to here: http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...bber&Itemid=96 rules have evolved a little (next year we count 2 G and 2 D), but otherwise mostly the same.
    Last edited by Dobber; June 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM. Reason: prefix
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow, auctioning a team off. That's an interesting idea.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

I...am your father.

Not only does it add a level of seriousness (new owner will have invested decent money in the team right off the top) but it also compensates the current owner for building the team into a good one. All owners feel very happy with the fact that they could turn around and sell their team for $250 to $1000 to somebody. And anyone afraid to invest should know - the first $100 goes into the next entry fee, and if run properly this team will win you $500 in its first season.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

I should also add - my team is in my signature, and I am behind this team in the standings. His team features:
    Lundqvist
    Kane
    Toews
    Sharp
    Bolland (so strong playoff presence with Chicago)
    Neal
    Spezza
    Pominville
    Kipper
    etc

Dobber Sports Master

what does a 43 year old have that a 46 year old doesnt ?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    what does a 43 year old have that a 46 year old doesnt ?
    Nothing at all. A 90-year-old can contact me if he wants. I'm just giving you a feel for the age range of the current group, and letting you know that if 10 guys 34, 33, 35, 38, 38, 40, 22, 24, 32 and 46 contact me... the eight guys over 30 would be considered, and the seven guys in that range would be more "ideal" since the 12 owners are between 36 and 39. But my dad is in it, and he's 63. So not a restriction by any means. I edited the wording so there is no further misunderstanding.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Nothing at all. A 90-year-old can contact me if he wants. I'm just giving you a feel for the age range of the current group, and letting you know that if 10 guys 34, 33, 35, 38, 38, 40, 22, 24, 32 and 46 contact me... the eight guys over 30 would be considered, and the seven guys in that range would be more "ideal" since the 12 owners are between 36 and 39. But my dad is in it, and he's 63. So not a restriction by any means. I edited the wording so there is no further misunderstanding.
    your old man plays in the league too, that's sweet!
    how's his team doing?

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    your old man plays in the league too, that's sweet!
    how's his team doing?
    He's usually a playoff contender who rarely contends in the regular season, hanging around in that 5th to 8th spot. But he gets some money I'd say half the years with 2nd/3rd finishes in the postseason.

Banned

He's usually a playoff contender who rarely contends in the regular season, hanging around in that 5th to 8th spot. But he gets some money I'd say half the years with 2nd/3rd finishes in the postseason.
    nice! the only reason I'd hate to have my old man in one of my leagues is that I dunno if I could put up with the non-stop trash talk me any time he did better than me -lol

Dobber Sports Recruit

I could see myself interested in this Darryl.

I am always active. The only criteria I do not fit is that I live on Vancouver Island.

But....I have family I can visit (I guess lol) from year to year and if that becomes impossible I have a beautiful Mac that could show my ugly mug through FaceTime.

Anyways if you need a guy, I am what you would call a Tier 1 applicant

Chris Espey

I...am your father.

I am bumping this thread back up because we accepting bids on this team now, and the bid/auction deadline is June 19.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I'm just giving you a feel for the age range of the current group, and letting you know that if 10 guys 34, 33, 35, 38, 38, 40, 22, 24, 32 and 46 contact me... the eight guys over 30 would be considered, and the seven guys in that range would be more "ideal" since the 12 owners are between 36 and 39.
    I'm disturbed by the non-sequential numbering.
    MENSA would not be happy with this. There is no pattern to be found.
    I thought you were a numbers guy... what kind of ass-backwards statistics do they teach at Guelph anyways?

(jk. My sister went to that fine Aggie school. She has a Garth Brooks hat and some affiliation with your "Royale with Cheese" festival. Actually, she (37) was probably there while you were there.)