Thread: 2007 Draft a sad year?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default 2007 Draft a sad year?

Hey Boys

I like to sit down and watch all the coverage I can get my hands on for draft day (yes I\'m a hockey geek)

The one thing I was struck by this year, (ignoring how irritating Pierre Maguire is of course) was that every player taken in the first round came with a \"BUT\". Ya just got the sense that this crop isn\'t worth lining up for.

Thoughts.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:2007 Draft a sad year?

I totally agree, the word \"but\" is always there, either for \"but\" this player is from Russia, \"but\" this player is small, etc...

I still feel that fantasy wise, that there are some good players. Other than the top 3, I\'m looking closely at the upsets of the first round, Cherepanov and Esposito. I\'ve got a feeling that both wants to make a statement, and they are happy with the team they got drafted.

Disappointment for me, Voracek got drafted by Columbus. Seeing him often in Halifax, I would have like to add him on my fantasy team, but it won\'t be possible for the next little while.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Stud

Welcome MBrown:

Completely agree with you.

Interesting reference to the use of the term \'but\'. As a child I remember my grandfather having an ashtray that said, \'no ifs, ands, or butts\'.

Make your decision, be prepared to defend, stand by it. (but listen to reason).

You are right MBrown. It was boring.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

They do that every year. Guys always put the caveat on why they might not make it in the league. The top guys always get rave reviews and then it seems like announcers have to find a reason why everyone else isn\'t the top pick.

But you\'re right, this year did seem a little less stellar.

P.S. Anyone watching the TSN broadcast feel as I do that if Doug McLean ever gets a GM job again the last person he\'ll call to be the coach is MacGuire :lol: Mclean must have ripped him a couple dozen times. I couldn\'t stop laughing.
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Glad it wasn\'t just me.

He\'ll I noticed the old \"BUT\" the minute Chicago took Patrick Kane. Like you said gdon.. usually at least the top guys get rave reviews.. I\'m starting to think I just won\'t worry about picking any of these guys for my keeper league.

This draft could the \"BUT\" of all drafts.