Thread: Like Natalie Imbruglia, "I'm Torn"

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Like Natalie Imbruglia, "I'm Torn"

Fellas (and ladies), could really use some sage advice today.
    Gotta make a move by 3am Thursday (tomorrow) morning (could pick up a waiver claim on a Dman if I drop a netminder)...

Long story short, $$$ league with only 8 participants, so plenty of good beef available for all. We can start 2 G per night, can have up to four on the roster. 3 G start minimum per wk, no ceilings.

Playoffs start next week; two rounds of two weeks. I'm defending champ, and am looking to hang on to our cup in the worst way.

I have Thomas, Halak, Luongo and Ward.
    Catagories are W, SO, Saves, GAA and Save%.

My two main competitors for the title have:
    1) Lundqvist, Smith, Bryz, Vokoun
    2) Howard/McDonald (temp), Rinne, Fleury.

Should I:
    A) Stand Pat
    B) Dump a goalie and try to improve my skating stats. Could sure use the help there.
    C) If I dump a guy... who? Lou bumpy right now, TT is struggling, Halak still giving up odd starts to Elliott, and Ward, well, plays for Carolina.

Most night, I've got one guy going, or two with two on the bench... so I'd love to go with 3...
    Could really use the extra games-skated.

Would be greatful for your analysis.

Thanks in advance for your help. Swing by Chicago, and the beers on me...

Thanks all-
    Last edited by Wink; March 7, 2012 at 3:00 PM.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I would drop Ward and pick up another skater to help with the other cats. Ward has been really cold lately and CAR no longer has any purpose to play hard. Thomas has been struggling but with no back up goalie and the threat of OTT coming up behind them, he's going to need to kick it up a gear to save his team again. Go with Halak, Thomas, and Luongo. Good luck.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    I would drop Ward and pick up another skater to help with the other cats. Ward has been really cold lately and CAR no longer has any purpose to play hard. Thomas has been struggling but with no back up goalie and the threat of OTT coming up behind them, he's going to need to kick it up a gear to save his team again. Go with Halak, Thomas, and Luongo. Good luck.
    i agree with this 100%.

i acquired Thomas at my trade deadline because he is bound to start all but maybe 2-3 games in the stretch and he NEEDS to step his game up to keep Boston in 2nd.
    12 team - 25 man NHL roster/25 man farm - Full Keeper
    League (own salary cap).
    H2H: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG / W, SV%, GAA, SHO

2013-2014 LEAGUE CHAMPION
    2014-2015 LEAGUE CHAMPION

C - Crosby, Seguin, Thornton, Backes, C.Smith, Anisimov
    LW - Kunitz, Parise, Marchand, Moulson, Beleskey
    RW - Hornqvist, Brouwer, Gallagher, K.Hayes, O'Reilly
    D - Karlsson, Burns, Byfuglien, Streit, R.Ellis
    G - Rask, Fleury, Lehtonen, C. Anderson

Farm
    F- Nyquist, Mark Stone, Pearson, Trocheck, McKegg, Rajala, N. Petersen, C. Brown
    D- Goncharov
    G- Visnetin, Thiessen, Murphy, Janus

Dobber Sports Immortal

Welcome to the boards.

I would drop Ward for a player as well. As you said, an eight team league means that there should be plenty of talent available on the wire and dropping him doesn't hurt you in terms of competing with your two main opponents.

Dobber Sports Stud

Welcome to the forum Wink.

Dropping Ward was what immediately came to mind for me too. It doesn't sound like carrying a fourth goalie really helps you and if you need the skater help then it seems like the wise choice. Good luck keeping the trophy!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I sure do appreciate the rapid feedback!
    I'm a longtime Dobberite; just a watcher most days. Don't post anything much because, frankly, y'all are so good that by the time I put my thoughts together, somebody has generally already posted something much more eloquent.

Only been hesitant to drop Ward because, holy smokes, he puts up 35+ saves most nights. In a four-start week, he can almost single-handedly win you that category. Meanwhile... Halak starts one or two games a week, and posts 15-20 stops. But, he's liable to throw you a SO when he is in there.

Just been a little nervous on Lou and TT lately. Only a month of regular season left, and they've been slipping big past week or two. We all feel good that they'll turn it around rather quickly?

The guys who owns Howard/Rinne/Fleury and Smith/Lunky/Vokoun/Bryz have dominated me in nets for the season (TT a trade pickup just 3 weeks ago. Grabbed him for Price+).

Forgot to add: Non-Keeper league.

Youze Guys (as we say to both males and females in Chicago) are the best.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I can't add anything to the sage advice of the other posters so far, but props for the Natalie Imbruglia reference.