Thread: Halak, Price or Lehtonen?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Question Halak, Price or Lehtonen?

Hello,

First time poster, long time reader!

With yesterday's loss, I'm getting fed up with Price and the Habs. I've clinched a playoff spot in my h2h league and feel this is a weak link that I need to fix on my team. Halak and Lehtonen are available as replacements. 2 weeks left then playoffs start on the 19th. League only counts wins and shutouts, which goalie should I go with? My other starter is Rinne.

Thanks in advance!

PS oh the irony if I drop price for halak....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Welcome to the forums!

If you're mainly looking for wins (since SO are a completely random stat), I would go with Halak as the Blues will be the best team of those 3 down the stretch.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. I was leaning on Halak as well but didn't want to get screwed over by Elliot starting instead. I think we can agree that either goalie is better than Price at this point of the season.

It kills me to drop Price though especially for Halak haha, better luck next year maybe.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Welcome to the boards Sillybear,

Yeah I'd go with Halak as well for the rest of the season, he plays behind the best team of the three and plays behind a solid system.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Newbie

How much of a factor would Elliot be? Looking at their recent records, St. Louis would be crazy to not to go with Halak. Agree?

Dobber Sports Expert

This season, Halak. HOWEVER, in a keeper league, you have to keep Price. Is yours a keeper league?
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Newbie

Nope not a keeper league. Just a simple h2h pool with co-workers.

Looks like I'm going with Halak for the remaining games, thanks for all the help!

Banned

halak and elliott still share the starts pretty evenly. i would take lehtonen of this group - dallas is rolling and lehtonen is a workhorse. he should see twice as many starts as halak down the stretch.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Struggling with the Halak situation myself.

But, strictly wins and shutouts, not being hamstrung with saves, save %, etc- I'd go with Halak over Price or Lehtonen.
    KL worries me as an above-average injury risk, and CP has been hot and cold this whole year.
    I'm just crossing my fingers that Hitch decides he needs to ride one horse full time getting ready for the playoffs... and that it's Halak.