Thread: Crawford or Bishop :: Rest of Year

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Crawford or Bishop :: Rest of Year

I'm in a dilemma. I've had Crawford all year and he stinks. It's a keeper league but I have Bryzgalov and we can only keep one goalie. 14 team league. We count W/L/SV/GAA/SV%/SO. With only 14 goalies being kept Crawford doesn't have trade value in the offseason. Other options are Dubnyk, Roloson, and Hackett. Pretty thin. But the thing is, we're in the playoffs and only 8 teams remain. We're nearing the end of the 2 week matchups and there are pretty much 5 teams in the running (mine is the onyl matchup that isn't sealed up); the winners of the 3 other matchups have no use for Crawford so he can't come back to bite me. One of the three other teams could pick him up though, and probably will on the off-chance they can trade him in the offseason.

Bottom line: Crawford or Bishop from here on out?

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd stick with Craw, tbh. Too much uncertainty in Ottawa.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Time to revisit this. Since I started the thread Bishop has won two games with a 2.00 GAA and 926 SV%, including a gem agaisnt the best team in the NHL. Crawford hasn't played a game, and will be on the bench again tonight. Anderson shouldn't be out for that much longer but do the Sens just roll with Bishop? Crawford should get another shot after Emery took a big loss to the Blues but it looks like a time share at this point, at best.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Blues View Post
    Time to revisit this. Since I started the thread Bishop has won two games with a 2.00 GAA and 926 SV%, including a gem agaisnt the best team in the NHL. Crawford hasn't played a game, and will be on the bench again tonight. Anderson shouldn't be out for that much longer [B]but do the Sens just roll with Bishop?[?B] Crawford should get another shot after Emery took a big loss to the Blues but it looks like a time share at this point, at best.
    No, the Sens will not just roll with Bishop. If Anderson is ready, fully-ready, that means the cut has healed, closed-off, with no risk of infection and is in game shape, Anderson will be back in the Sens net.

That is when a decision will be made with Auld, where I suspect he will go on waivers, and Bishop becomes the full-time backup going into the playoffs. Lehner will be called up as well once Bingo's AHL season is over (which is March 14th, exactly one week after the NHL regular season ends). Bingo is last in the Eastern Conference, so there is no chance of defending their Calder Cup Championship from last season.

For your Anderson update:
    He took some shots to his injured blocker side today in practice, but he did it without holding any lumber in that hand. Progress is slow, but it is something.

Dobber Sports Genius

I didn't answer the original posters question. Sorry.

If I had to choose between Bishop and Crawford the rest of the year, I would take Bishop. Less games, but better numbers.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

correct...Anderson is getting closer to being able to practice with the Sens.He isnt able to hold his stick in his hand yet,so he is just skating skating in full gear and taking shots without his goal stick.I would think by next week he will be able to get a few normal practice sessions in and then start a game by next weekend.

Bishop might stay up and become Andersons regular backup for the Sens playoff run.

Crawford will get his chance again,what he does with it remains to be seen.Im suprised the Hawks are starting Emery vs the Rangers tonight after he gave up 5 goals the other night.Thought for sure they would go back to Crawford.Maybe Queenville has proclaimed Emery as the #1 guy???
    <a href=http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=77013&dateline=1323459197 target=_blank>http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/i...ine=1323459197</a>

Dobber Sports Genius

Bishop confirmed as the starter for tomorrow night at home versus Buffalo as per Sens reporter James Gordon on Twitter.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by bromleyhockey View Post
    correct...Anderson is getting closer to being able to practice with the Sens.He isnt able to hold his stick in his hand yet,so he is just skating skating in full gear and taking shots without his goal stick.I would think by next week he will be able to get a few normal practice sessions in and then start a game by next weekend.

Bishop might stay up and become Andersons regular backup for the Sens playoff run.

Crawford will get his chance again,what he does with it remains to be seen.Im suprised the Hawks are starting Emery vs the Rangers tonight after he gave up 5 goals the other night.Thought for sure they would go back to Crawford.Maybe Queenville has proclaimed Emery as the #1 guy???
    I know you just agreed with my post, so I might as well agree with your post.

Consider it some man-love.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Emery has since played two games; won one against the Rangers and lost the other in OT to the Kings last night. He was the second star. This is looking like more than just motivating Crawford to step up, I'm thinking they're gonna roll with Emery. Which sucks, seeing as though Crawford is not long removed from winning 4 straight games giving up 5 total goals and 3 of those games were against StL, Det, and NYR

So... make the plunge for Bishop? News this morning from Ottawa is "Craig Anderson skating but still not close to returning". If/when he does return I'd be able to pick up one of Crawford, Theodore or Pavelec (eliminated teams are locked and roster limit on goalies). I only have 2 moves to last me until March 25th and half of my team is in the hospital. So I got that goin for me, which is nice.