Thread: Sven Ba(e)rtschi

Dobber Sports Legend

Default Sven Ba(e)rtschi

I own SB in my keeper and have noticed his numbers this year are fantastic. His 2 PPG pace is the highest in the entire WHL. He has 92 points in 46 GP which slates him for 124 if he played a full 62 GP so far. Unfortunately I don't get to see this kid play AT ALL. For those who do, give me the skinny on what he's all about. Who does he remind you of? When do you see him in the NHL full-time? What is his realistic upside, etc.?
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Veteran

I own him too and am sincerely scared Calgary will rush him by having him play too many NHL minutes next year.

He could end up being a Marian Hossa clone, strong in all areas of the game, or an offensive guru like Brad Richards, it's too early to tell yet. Moreover, what will determine his NHL success is likely to be size and strength, because he obv has the speed and skill. If he's put in the league before he's ready and gets pushed around, it could turn out rough, I'm being optimistic though!
    Last edited by dongjohnson; March 4, 2012 at 5:00 AM.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Legend

Thanks for chiming in. Yeah, I've heard the Hossa-lite comparisons before. The thing is, Hossa is Hossa because he's a big, thick man who can play a finesse game. From the little I've seen of Baertschi, he reminds me more of a Havlat type player but I could be wrong, which is why I'm counting on those who watch the WHL heavily.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Padawan

Havlat might be a good comparison... When I watched him last year I thought he reminded me a lot of Patrick Kane. Personally that is who I compare him to, except with a 80-85pt upside compared to the 100ish pt upside of Kane.

I think that Bartschi seems to have that all important talent that smaller players need... Elusiveness. I wouldn't have been surprised if he made the team out of the draft, but Calgary did the right thing by letting him dominate for 1 more year in the WHL.

I think he's NHL ready and will be able to step onto Calgary's 2nd line no problem next season. Maybe Backlund and Bartschi will form some chemistry.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I have seen him in one game against the giants and it was probably his worst of the season... I have seen him play for awhile and am a huge fan of his... I traded up in my draft and took him and everyone was shit talking me and now they have praised me all season...

I see him as a daniel breire kinda player... He is more fiesty and talented than havlat... He will not back down from anywhere and go to all the dirty areas.... I think he is NHL ready he was close this last year but I do believe he should find chemistry with cammer on the second line next year... Iggy will have tanger and cammer will have sven... Now they jsut have to find centers
    10 Team Roto League; 20 Keepers;
    Start 3C,3LW,3RW,1U,5D,2G

Stats: G,A,Pts,PPG,PPA,Pims,+/- W,Sv%,Sv
    C: Tavares Thorton H. Sedin
    LW: Moulson Clowe D. Sedin Whitney
    RW: Hossa Gaborik Pomminville Pavelski Purcell Heatley
    D: Bieska Boyle
    G: Smith Nabobov Bishop Lindback Ramo Luongo

12 teams 12 keepers
    Points Only

F: Spezza, Brown, Lecavalier, Horton, Elias, Weiss, Desharnais,
    D: Whitney, Zidlicky, Brodin
    G: Smith, Schnieder
    Farm: Justin Faulk, Ryan Ellis, Krill Kabanov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by KoHolga View Post
    He is more fiesty and talented than havlat... He will not back down from anywhere and go to all the dirty areas....
    Good point, I definitely agree with this also... At least the feisty part, haha.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KoHolga View Post
    he should find chemistry with cammer on the second line next year... Iggy will have tanger and cammer will have sven
    You think the Flames would put too smallish players on a line together like that? But if he is a past-first winger, he'll do good with either shooter - Cammalleri or Iginla.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    I own SB in my keeper and have noticed his numbers this year are fantastic. His 2 PPG pace is the highest in the entire WHL. He has 92 points in 46 GP which slates him for 124 if he played a full 62 GP so far. Unfortunately I don't get to see this kid play AT ALL. For those who do, give me the skinny on what he's all about. Who does he remind you of? When do you see him in the NHL full-time? What is his realistic upside, etc.?
    I think his two point game pace might even be the highest in the CHL. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

He's been outstanding this year and could possibly be the best player in the CHL this year (crazy). He almost made the Flames this year but as someone already said, they did the right thing having him dominate the WHL.

He's just ridiculously smart in his game. His passing game is great but what's more is he's displaying a shooting game too. He's tied for 22nd in goals, and if he had played a full 62 games, he'd be top 5 in goals in the WHL.

I'd expect him to make the NHL next year. He's showing that the WHL is just beneath him at this point, and he's ready for a new challenge. And I wouldn't be too worried about him being ruined. He will be well insulated behind Iggy, Cammy, Tanguay and Jokinen (who I expect to resign with the Flames).
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Pro

I wasnt that impressed with him when I saw him in the prior WJC. But you cant deny the scoring stats. Skating was merely average. Very quick around the net though. I'm undecided on his scoring potential in the NHL. He isnt Hossa who's bigger and stronger especially on the puck.

Dobber Sports Legend

2 more goals for the kid tonight.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by reinjosh View Post
    I think his two point game pace might even be the highest in the CHL. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Huberdeau is 65 pts in 32 games...2.03 ppg
    Bartschi is 94 pts in 47 games...2,00 ppg

close race !!!!!!
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Here is my report on Baertschi from last season, his draft year.

#4 Sven Bartschi – FW – Portland Winterhawks

- Bartschi does a little bit of everything, but his best skills are offensive. He’s only 5’10 but he’s not afraid to get greasy to score. When he gets in those prime scoring areas, he’s got a killer shot with a dynamite release. As WHL rookie of the year this season, the 18 year old Swiss sniper scored 34 goals and added 10 more in the playoffs. He’s also a committed defensive player as a winger and had no problem being the first forward on the backcheck on a regular basis. His skating is good, but not elite and I think that’s an area that will need some improvement if he wants to carry his offense to the next level into pro hockey. Size is also a concern but he does enough things well to make up for it. With his array of tools, he is a guy that should be able to slot into an NHL clubs top 6 on the wing.

NHL comparable: Jeff Skinner

Top end potential: Top 6 winger

Pick prediction: Top 20
    More of that can be found here: http://whl-from-above.blogspot.com/2...-part-two.html

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeStylings View Post

More of that can be found here: http://whl-from-above.blogspot.com/2...-part-two.html
    I agree with this. I've watched him play his entire time as a Portland Winterhawk. Last few games have been amazing! He also just put up a 4 goal night 2 games ago. Fun to watch, for sure!
    Yahoo 1 Year H2H League
    Scoring Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, GS, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Roster Spots: 3-C, 6-W, 6-D, 2-UTIL, 2-G, 6-BN, 1-IR
    C: S.Weiss, M.Hanzal, P.Berglund, Getzlaf, P.Sharp, D.Krejci
    W: D.Heatley, Ovechkin, M.Hossa, D.Backes, Zetterberg, D.Stafford, J.Neal, M.Read, V.Prospal
    D: L.Visnovsky, B.Campbell, D.Girardi, M.Del Zotto, T.Enstrom, I.White
    G: T.Vokoun, T.Thomas, J.Hedberg, M.Garon

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeStylings View Post
    Renegade, thanks for the read and analysis!
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

No problem guys.