Thread: Haha this is interesting...

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Haha this is interesting...

Was looking up info the Nsh arena thread...

Even the casual hockey fans don't want to go and watch the King's boring brand of hockey...

They average almost 2000 less in away attendance compared to the average away game for all of the other teams.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/awayAvg

God they need to get rid of Dean Lombardi so they can start playing some offensive hockey and build the Kings brand that was so popular in the early 90's...

I can't remember if it was NHL 93 or 94 where the Kings were awesome, that everyone wanted to play as them...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Expert

2000 more people would rather watch the Jackets (worst team in the league) play than the Kings... hahahaha

Dobber Sports Pro

Probably has a lot to do with the division they play in. The bottom three teams on that list all play in the Pacific Division and the highest Pacific team is San Jose at 20th. I would think with the number intra-division games and just PHX and DAL overall crappy attendance totals, would play a big role in bringing down the Kings' road attendance numbers.

Columbus plays in a division with Detroit and Chicago, who by themselves probably bring up Columbus' road attendance numbers significantly.
    12 Team, Head to Head Points Keeper League (Keep 7)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(0.75), SHP(1), HITS(0.15), BKS(0.1)
    W(3), SV(0.05), SO(3)

C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), UTIL (1), G (2), BENCH (5)

Dobber Sports Expert

That's what I initially thought as well, but Chicago is 13th (17,422), Nsh 21st (17,161), and St. Louis 24th (17,049) are all in the same division as Clb, but they're down there in away crowd attendance...

I don't think that Det fans would rather watch a Wings vs Jackets game, more than a Wings/Hawks or Wings/Blues...

Even Dal 29th (16,377), Anaheim 28th (16,772), Phoenix 26th (16,943) are all almost 1000 more than LA (15,565)...

That's what I found interesting... If it was a couple hundred that's understandable, but a 1000 is pretty significant...

Dobber Sports Pro

Weird, I really thought those teams (NAS, STL, and CHI) would've been a good 5-10 spots higher in the rankings.

You're right, LA shouldn't be 1000 back of the other teams in their division. Considering San Jose is the only other team in LA's division that has a similar home attendance, you would expect the Kings to have a similar road attendance (17,205) but they don't... interesting indeed
    12 Team, Head to Head Points Keeper League (Keep 7)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(0.75), SHP(1), HITS(0.15), BKS(0.1)
    W(3), SV(0.05), SO(3)

C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), UTIL (1), G (2), BENCH (5)