Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "They've got a bunch of idiots over there."

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default "They've got a bunch of idiots over there."

Says Howard of Vancouver:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ts-over-there/

First Quincey giving it to Col and now Howard to Vancouver. What is going on in Detroit? LOL.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dude's just butthurt over Vancouver ending their streak.

Dobber Sports Ninja

^Lol also what I was thinking.

If the Canucks get Ott, LOL
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    Dude's just butthurt over Vancouver ending their streak.
    ya Burrow's did rub it in a bit with the stick over the knee,
    but was it over the top?
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Skinner, Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdog View Post
    ya Burrow's did rub it in a bit with the stick over the knee,
    but was it over the top?
    I didn't think that was bad at all. Actually I liked what Burrows did, it was funny and harmless in my opinion.
    " Sedin is not English for 'Punch me or headlock me in a scrum.' "

-Brian Burke-

Dobber Sports Stud

A great game and a great ending. I am a Wings fan and thoroughly enjoyed the game and streak. To me, Burrows reacted as did the Canucks like a team that wanted to win and were happy about it. Jimmy comes off looking like a baby. I'm so sick of how ****ing sensative everyone is getting these days. The Wings lost after 23 straight home wins, win with class, lose with class. Nobody says you have to like losing. Keep your mouth shut and beat them in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Maybe it's easy to say because I'm a tad bit biased but considering how the Wings were getting positive attention from the entire hockey world over the past few weeks as they made their great run, if he's actually pissed off about the stick over the knee then HE is an idiot. Didn't realize that the team to end the record streak was obligated to hang their heads and act melancholy until they get off the ice lol.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Pro athletes don't like being shown up like that. As soon as I saw it I thought someone in Detroit will say something. Remember when Omark made the spin at centre ice in the shootout against the Lightning. The Lightning were PISSED!!

This reaction is not surprising at all.

EDIT: I'm not saying I agree as I think it is harmless as well. I'm just saying it I'm not surprised they are saying something about it.
    Last edited by Mr_Sausage; February 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sausage View Post
    Pro athletes don't like being shown up like that. As soon as I saw it I thought someone in Detroit will say something. Remember when Omark made the spin at centre ice in the shootout against the Lightning. The Lightning were PISSED!!

This reaction is not surprising at all.

EDIT: I'm not saying I agree as I think it is harmless as well. I'm just saying it I'm not surprised they are saying something about it.
    That's true. Guess it depends on the way you look at that kind of behaviour. I thought Omark's goal was awesome lol and I thought Dan Ellis and co looked like a bunch of babies when they complained about it. Also found Anisimov's goal celebration pretty funny (but could understand the annoyance considering he pointed and shot at the other goalie lol), and Mrazek's celebrations during the world juniors, etc.

But yeah you're right, not surprising that someone would say something.

Dobber Sports Star

i didnt think it was excessive. there was alot of hype entering this game and it was an extremely close game. usually the sedins dont really celebrate when scoring but daniel was ecstatic when he tied the game up (as was the entire team).

either way, the canucks couldn't care less if other teams hate them for their alleged antics. lu's attempt at tebow-ing seems to be forgotten but i think its a good thing when your top players show emotion in a big game.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Ninja

How many different sources do we need to hear this from. The Canucks are a team of scumbags with a few exceptions. It is what it is and this keeps coming up over and over and over from fans, the media, and other teams. WHy are we surprised by these comments any more?

Dobber Sports Stud

Was he not asked about the celebration? I'm thankful he gave an honest repsonse rather than the scripted BS out of alot of players' mouths.

Its not like he's saying anything the rest of us don't already know.

I CAN'T WAIT for Downie's first game vs the Canucks. I'm thinking a 5-gamer is a given. I'd settle for he and Bieksa at center ice though.

March 24. Circle it.
    Last edited by slufoot; February 25, 2012 at 5:20 PM.
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Maybe it's easy to say because I'm a tad bit biased but considering how the Wings were getting positive attention from the entire hockey world over the past few weeks as they made their great run, if he's actually pissed off about the stick over the knee then HE is an idiot. Didn't realize that the team to end the record streak was obligated to hang their heads and act melancholy until they get off the ice lol.

Oh come on B0ndon. anyone who saw that stick over knee thing immediately knew it was unnecessary and lacked class. World of difference between that celebration and Sedin's joy in scoring the GTG. There was really no reason to 'snap the stick over the knee" to signify you just broke the Wings' home streak, you did it and you can celebrate all you want including jumpng into your teammates' arms. but something as obvious as that? No class, and will just cause other teams to hate him more than they already do (if that's possible, Burrows hasn't exactly inspired love from opposing teams in the past).

Tell me something, would one of the Sedins ever pull something like that? No, they wouldn't. Because they are classy dudes on the ice. Burrows, Lapierre, Kesler, even Bieksa, not.

All that said, what a great game that was! Two of the very best teams in the league, possibly the two best, going head to head at full tilt, can't ask for more!

And, a final word, Howard's an idiot for calling them " a bunch of idiots" to the press, keep it in the dressing room if you really think that, and make your work on the ice do the talking, that's the sweetest revenge.
    Last edited by ross10019; February 25, 2012 at 5:24 PM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ninja

Pissing off the Detroit Red Wings, the Boston Bruins, and the Chicago Blackhawks doesn't seem like a smart strategy for making it through the Playoffs without injuries. I like it!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Oh come on B0ndon. anyone who saw that stick over knee thing immediately knew it was unnecessary and lacked class. World of difference between that celebration and Sedin's joy in scoring the GTG. There was really no reason to 'snap the stick over the knee" to signify you just broke the Wings' home streak, you did it and you can celebrate all you want including jumpng into your teammates' arms. but something as obvious as that? No class, and will just cause other teams to hate him more than they already do (if that's possible, Burrows hasn't exactly inspired love from opposing teams in the past).

Tell me something, would one of the Sedins ever pull something like that? No, they wouldn't. Because they are classy dudes on the ice. Burrows, Lapierre, Kesler, even Bieksa, not.

All that said, what a great game that was! Two of the very best teams in the league, possibly the two best, going head to head at full tilt, can't ask for more!

And, a final word, Howard's an idiot for calling them " a bunch of idiots" to the press, keep it in the dressing room if you really think that, and make your work on the ice do the talking, that's the sweetest revenge.

Meh, fair enough. Like I said it just depends on how you view acts like that in general. Actions like Mrazek's overzealous celebrations, Anisimov's machine gun celebration on Garon, Omark's show-boat spin move in the shootout, all of these actions could be considered 'classless' depending on who you ask.

I thought all of the above were funny lol so I guess that's where you and I differ haha. Don't get me wrong though I can see where you're coming from, but yeah like you to me the best way to get revenge if you are the type to have a problem with it is suck it up and make them look stupid the next time around!

it's just another opportunity for people that don't like the Canucks to complain about em some more. Boy I can't wait to see how bloody it gets if Ott becomes a Canuck LOL
    Last edited by bondon; February 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM.