Thread: smyth rights traded to Calgary for Nystrom

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default smyth rights traded to Calgary for Nystrom

If this is right this will really hurt Huselius now as if Keenan was not enough

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re:smyth rights traded to Calgary for Nystrom

jaymur wrote:
    If this is right this will really hurt Huselius now as if Keenan was not enough
    I really don\'t see this happening. Smyth is going to run 5 mil or very close to it for sure. I think he would go back to Edmonton before Calgary, and if Selanne retires, he may go to Anaheim, but I would be shocked if he went to Calgary. Thats just Ecklund making up stuff again...I don\'t think he\'s been right yet!!!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

agreed

I...am your father.

What\'s your source on this? I don\'t get the radio feed in Canada.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

If you got this from Eklund, well, you know he his fridge is covered with those word magnets, with the names of players and cities, and every morning his 3 year old rearranges them in random order and he just takes a gander at that and posts it straight to his website.

I...am your father.

and then says he was told about them from a GM personally while having lunch with him.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

It is from Eklund, but Calgary\'s play by play guy has also been in on the speculation. Peter Maher is saying that the deal will happen when and if the Isles realize they can\'t get Smyth to sign themselves. It will be announced by the end of the day if they can\'t get a contract worked out.