Thread: Elaborate on Emergency Call ups please!!!!

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Elaborate on Emergency Call ups please!!!!

Obviously with Giroux arriving I have plenty of questions about this. When I watched Tolpeko get concussed on a 2 min charging call, being from Philly I am only familiar with the 5 minute version, I had two thoughts; the first was how can a player who is being helped off the ice with an injury only warrant a 2 minute penalty, and the second was we\'re running out of forwards lol. Then I wondered if Giroux could some how be called up? I thought, Pickles, another stupid pipe dream he is stuck in the Q til next year. Went to sleep, awoke and it was reality.

While most are saying his call up will be brief, it seems to me as though the injuries that the flyers are currently hit with are not of the short term variety. (Gagne - 3rd concussion, Downie concussion, Lupul High ankle, Tolpeko concussion). With today\'s trade for defenseman Jaro Modry, I am of the opinion that the Hatcher knee is a lot worse than they are letting on. We already had 7 d, now 8? I assume Lasse will stay up top and play forward for a few more games.

In summation, what I am getting at is why is he only a short term call up if these seem to be long term injuries? If they IR, say Gagne/Tolpeko/Hatcher, would he be able to stay? Or will the flyers be forced to sign band aids to play for the Phantoms and call up yet another player (Ruzicka,Tolpeko,Parent, and Downie are already up with the flyers) further depleting the farm team (I mean they\'re in first right now, but that is subject to change if we keep sending back injured players). The Phantoms, feeling the effects of all this, dressed 8 D on Monday, 5 wingers and four centers. It\'s not like there are that many forwards to call up. Or does this force a trade? I need some clarification.

Keep your eyes open for #56 in orange and black tonight
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

C: Mike Richards (lw) Henrik Sedin, Strome, Kuznetsov
    RW: Iginla, Voracek, Eriksson (lw), Gagner (c)
    LW: Parise, Nash, Schwartz
    D: Karlsson, Barrie, Hedman
    G: Luongo, Crawford

might dump one of eriksson or gagner to keep Leddy

@Rusty_Pickles Tweet Tweet.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

im sure Giroux will only be up for a game or two which is the same thing that ahppened with Mason earlier...odd though cause emergency callups are usually only used on goalies and dmen as i remember it happening to Giguere when he got emergency called to Hartford and missed the WJC...got a nice signing bonus though to buy his parents a brand new car...lol

Dobber Sports Pro

I guess what I am asking is if there is a max # of games he is allowed to play or will he have the ability to stay if someone goes long term IR for the rest of the year (say Hatcher or Gagne most likely).
    14 team league - 16 Keepers max 2 goalies - G,A,P,+/-,PPP,SHP,SOG,PIM, FW, W, GAA,SV, SV%, SHO

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Expert

I would say the max number of games is whatever puts him into his first contract year in the NHL, ie 10 games.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i heard someone say since its not an emergency per se he has to be back in GAT before their next game on fri

Dobber Sports Pro

Now I guess back to my question if the flyers IR Gagne (which happened today) is it possible he stays the rest of the year some how?

Use the Schwartz

Dobber Sports Expert

If they want to kickstart his contract....