Thread: Ovechkin for MA Fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ovechkin for MA Fleury

Looking over a trade and could use your advice...

I have Gigure, Fleury, Raycroft (sigh) and Grahame as goalies (I can keep 3).

I trade Carle, MA Fleury and Gomez for Ovechkin, Lombardi and Hartnell.

I am leaning toward taking it. Please let me know your thougts ASAP.

This is in a 16 team, head-to-head, 21 man protected list, keeper league.

Thanks for a great site!

Post edited by: happypg, at: 2007/06/23 00:40

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re:Ovechkin for MA Fleury

if you can get Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin in any trade and you aren\'t trading away your left nut, you do it.

Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Stud

Could you replace Fleury with Giguere? Fleury could be close to getting 40 wins a year. He is much younger than Giguere. What is your point structure? Do you get more points for goals? I am not a big fan of Gomez. Anytime that you can get Ovechkin, you have to go for it. It is difficult to say what will happen with Lombardi and Hartnell. Lombardi has a new coach. It might be good, it might not be good. Hartnell has a new team. He has never excited me from a fantasy perspective. I never considered Hartnell to have a high upside.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

younger than Giguere, sure. But people really look into age too much, hell Giguere still has 6-7 top end seasons left in him.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He wants MA-Fluery because of the youth factor. In our league, we start two goalies which means I need to make another deal as Raycroft is not a great option (at least not at this time). In our league we play head to head with seven categories (G, A, +/-, PIM, Goalie Pts (wins,etc), Sv% and GAA.) Heavy on goalies, but still leaning toward it. Any other thoughts?

Oh, Lombardi would be my first center off the bench (behind Datsyuk, Sedin and Roy). Hartnell would be behind St. Louis, Hemsky, Nagy, Sullivan, Comrie and Ovechkin. I would probably have to move a Sullivan for another goalie...

Dobber Sports Stud

Hello Happypg:

I was not suggesting that Giguere was \'chopped liver\'. I would prefer to own Fleury at age 22 rather than Giguere at age 30 (injury factor). Fleury had 40 wins in 67 gp while Giguere had 36 wins in 56 gp. Both guys are good.

I would do the deal.

You mention that you would have to trade Sullivan. Are you suggesting that Sullivan has more trade value than the other players you identified? From an ownership perspective I would prefer to own Sullivan over Nagy, Comrie.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I know exactly what you mean. I would prefer to keep Fleury as well, but the trade would happen because the other owner wants a younger goalie. This trade was offered to me. As for Sullivan, I don\'t want to trade him, but think he might bring a decent goalie back where Comrie and Nagy wouldn\'t.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

happypg wrote:
    I know exactly what you mean. I would prefer to keep Fleury as well, but the trade would happen because the other owner wants a younger goalie. This trade was offered to me. As for Sullivan, I don\'t want to trade him, but think he might bring a decent goalie back where Comrie and Nagy wouldn\'t.
    I would do the deal...there are talks that Comrie will sign with either Washington or Atl...and either one you know he will be centering a sniper, and his value would increase enough for you to trade him for a better option than Raycroft....also, Nagy could possibly end up in Pittsburgh which would also increase his value x 5...... do the deal!!!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for your help. Made the trade and now working hard to obtain another goalie. What winger would you give up for Backstrom?

Dobber Sports Stud

Where do you rank Hemsky, Nagy, Comrie? I would consider offering Hemsky for Backstrom. Hemsky had an \'off year\' last year. He gets points but they are assists. There is usually a point differential for goals and assists. You might offer up Hemsky. Hemsky will probably get 60 points but it will be 10 goals and 50 assists or something like that. Dobber has mentioned that Edmonton is in the process of doing something big so whatever they are doing might enhance the appeal of Hemsky and/or it might result in your not wanting to entertain this suggestion at all.