Thread: Rick Nash Interview

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Rick Nash Interview

I just saw a clip of a Rick Nash interview (sorry, no link). He was saying how he has always been a Blue Jacket and that he is hearing all the rumours...but they are just rumours right now....his last quote was something like I am a Blue Jacket for now....

I havent seen too many Rick Nash interviews so I don't know him too well. From what I saw, he was either really pissed about all the questions about the rumours, or he really thinks he is getting traded and the "for now" was a telling tale.
    14 Team Keeper PTS, +/-, PIM's *.3 20 Players, 4 Center, 8 Wing, 6 D-men, 2 Goalies, NHL cap hit $91 Million Total

Centers Tavares, Giroux, Draisaitl, Eichel
    Wing Eberle, Kessel, Schenn, Hall, Nichushkin, Stone, B. Ryan, Connolly
    Defence Karlsson, OEL, Shattenkirk, Murphy, Gardiner, Daley
    Goal Lehner, Schneider

Prospects Shinkaruk, Frk, Pulock, Marner, Zacha, Rod, Kapanen, Leblanc, Kristo, McNeill, Noesen, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yeah I heard the same one and noticed the way he said that as well too I think he is ready to make a move no doubt! its just weather or not they can get what they should for him!?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JD88 View Post
    Yeah I heard the same one and noticed the way he said that as well too I think he is ready to make a move no doubt! its just weather or not they can get what they should for him!?
    I agree, but I can't figure out what he's worth and I'm sure I'm not alone. The asking value must be way higher than the offers.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    I agree, but I can't figure out what he's worth and I'm sure I'm not alone. The asking value must be way higher than the offers.
    Most-definitely, but can you blame Columbus? He's their franchise player and moving him could bury them in the ground.

If I were CLB, there's no way I'm moving him without getting a huge piece back. With all the LA talks about reuniting Richards & Carter, I wonder if the Blue Jackets would consider it?

Landing Richards would surely be a solid "replacement" for Nash.

CLB gets Richards, Bernier & Penner

LA gets Nash, Brassard & Sandford

Could be a win-win considering LA needs someone who can score and Richards isn't exactly thriving in LA. CLB gets the Richards/Carter combo and a good young goalie.
    24 GM – 3 Tier Salary Cap Roto Dynasty League + Roto Playoffs (Keep 32 of 35)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, HITS, BS, W, GAA, SV | 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G

C - Crosby, W.Nylander, Kempe, B.Howden, Wallmark, Z.Sanford, Newhook
    LW - Ovechkin, Vrana, S.Bennett, Lehkonen, Aston-Reese, T.Benson, S.Poulin
    RW - JT.Miller, Coleman, Gourde, Dzingel, Tippett, Volkov
    D - Klingberg, Chabot, Slavin, Matheson, Chychrun, Sanheim, D.Toews, E.Bouchard, Cholowski
    G - J.Gibson, DeSmith, Sparks, Luukkonen, Starrett

Dobber Sports Wizard

Brassard and Sanford have almost no value. Or at least not Bernier value. Landing Richards would be smooth for BJs, but not for that package.

The Bruins moved Thornton without getting any studs back and do just fine. As did the Sems with Heatley. I know it's different.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Ace

Nash's cap hit of 7.5m and contract till 2018 make any trade just as much about cap space as Nash's talent. He isn't worth 7.5m anymore imo. 5.5 or so yes.

I'm not willing to move my Pacioretty for Nash, and theres no cap hit involved :P

just checked capgeek. Was expecting Clb to need a big cap hit back to make it to the floor, but they're within 1.5m of the cap ceiling! I want to ask how you can be that bad when near the cap, but it'd just open up room for a bunch of Leaf jokes
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Immortal

According to Portzline:

"#CBJ Rick Nash, Jeff Carter and Fedor Tyutin absent from practice this morning. Checking."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    According to Portzline:

"#CBJ Rick Nash, Jeff Carter and Fedor Tyutin absent from practice this morning. Checking."
    Also according to Portzline:
    "#CBJ GM Scott Howson watching practice this morning, so I don't think anything is imminent regarding captain Rick Nash."
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Padawan

More Portzline:
    "Agent for #CBJ captain Rick Nash says he's unaware of a reason why Nash wouldn't be skating. Appears to be a maintenance day."
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Padawan

And the final word from Portzline:
    "#CBJ confirm what we suspected: Nash, Carter, Tyutin and Dorsett all took maintenance days and skipped today's practice."
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Initiate

This one really had me going this morning. Thought for sure one of those 3 would be moved, as I think Tyutin would be a nice depth addition for a playoff team.
    Yahoo! Keeper League (5 keepers)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PIM, FW, shots, hits, blocks, W, sv%, GAA, SO

C: Seguin, Toews, Krejci, Bjugstad, Nelson
    RW: Tarasenko, Hayes, Vrbata, Jagr
    LW: E. Kane, JVR, Soderberg, Killorn
    D: OEL, Yandle, Green, Campbell
    G: Halak, Anderson, Hiller