Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How do you like your teams picks?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:How do you like your teams picks?

gdon wrote:
    As an Oiler fan, I was disappointed they passed on Cherpanov at 15. Plante might have been had later. But to pass up that talent. :huh: I hope the rumblings about Cherepanov\'s work ethic are true and he has a Samsonov type career or else many teams are going to look foolish.

Otherwise, in a draft that didn\'t have a big separation of talent after the top three, there is always a lot of wildcards. I think we\'ll look back in about 6 years and see a lot of serviceable nhlers in this draft with maybe only one or two as bona fide superstars.

I like the GAGNER pick--charcter kid---at 15 they should of taken a shot at ESPOSITO-----and not Cherpanov---who may be more talented but more of a head case----I am wondering the thing with ESPO does he have character issues as well and the OILERS maybe didnt want another one in the organization ala SCHREMP ??

and then to trade up for the 21 st pick -----I didn\'t understand that one in this years draft class

Dobber Sports Prodigy

DOULOS dont always drink the cool aid

doulos

User

Veteran Poolie

Re:How do you like your teams picks? - 2007/06/23 16:56
    Gagner at 6 - great pick

Plante at 15 - Oilers have really shown they can draft defenseman in recent years so I trust this one will be good.

Nash at 21 - Meh, not so sure, I just have to believe that they strongly thought he was going to be snagged before 30 and so they needed to move up. Time will tell

Post edited by: diablos, at: 2007/06/24 01:55

Post edited by: diablos, at: 2007/06/24 01:56

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey TO fans--you guys got a pretty good kid in the fourth---MATT FRATTIN---played in the Alberta Junior league and had a chance to see him couple of times---the puck seemed to follow him a round also played heads up at both ends---good hard working kid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

angus wrote:
    Very happy with the Patrick White selection.

skilled center was exactly what we needed.
    I\'m alright with this pick, but when Mayorov was available at 25, I thought Nonis should have taken a chance. Granted, the whole transfer agreement fear was out there, but he could be a serious talent. I\'d certainly be willing to wait a couple years to bring him over.

Actually, by the time #18/19 came up, I had dreams that Espo might actually fall to 25th, but oh well.
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction

Dobber Sports Ninja

diablos wrote:
    I just don\'t have a \"sky is falling mentality\" that seems to have erupted out of the Edmonton camp lately. In 3-4 years we\'ll see how these picks turn out. Until then Kevin Lowe has a chance to make some trades and improve the team.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

doulos wrote:
    diablos wrote:
    I just don\'t have a \"sky is falling mentality\" that seems to have erupted out of the Edmonton camp lately. In 3-4 years we\'ll see how these picks turn out. Until then Kevin Lowe has a chance to make some trades and improve the team.
    Didn\'t want to step on toes--but how many times are we going to hear the retraric coming out of our team HQ regarding trusting the staff---

If any year in praticular that the Oilers needed to hit a home run with there picks this would be the year---how many years are we going to wait till PLANTE develops---were as ESPOSITO may have been ready this year or next year. Thats all---rember the OILERS office know that they can for a year or two have a run down team as the TICKETS are sold already.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Oilers were not the only team to pass on Esposito. Clearly there were some issues there. It\'s not like he was taken the next pick after Edmonton. The guy kept free falling until he hit a home run with Pittsburgh.

Having read a couple of the recent scouting reports on Esposito I think the Oilers did well to avoid the guy.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

doulos wrote:
    The Oilers were not the only team to pass on Esposito. Clearly there were some issues there. It\'s not like he was taken the next pick after Edmonton. The guy kept free falling until he hit a home run with Pittsburgh.

Having read a couple of the recent scouting reports on Esposito I think the Oilers did well to avoid the guy.

I know other teams passed--but we had 3 picks in the round so I think they could of \"gambled\"(by going off there board) at the 15th with a pure scorer.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

diablos wrote:
    doulos wrote:

I know other teams passed--but we had 3 picks in the round so I think they could of \"gambled\"(by going off there board) at the 15th with a pure scorer.
    I agree. They went safe with all their picks. There is nothing wrong with being safe. It\'s just that this front office group does everything safe. The got torched by Peca/Pronger and now it seems everything is safety first don\'t go out on a limb kind of attitude. Deep down I have no problem with that. These picks will be NHLers and there is still a chance for FA or trade this summer.

But how many of us ever wanted to date the safe girl. Let\'s have a spring break/Mardi Gras fling once in a while dammit . You always end up marrying the safe girl and that\'s what Oiler fans have done. They\'re married to their team, but every now and again they\'ll scream Espo or Cherry in the middle of a cold January night....

But it\'s easy to criticize, I think Lowe is an excellent GM and believe he tried to move up to get Turris and tried to make a splash in Columbus, but you need two to tango and I don\'t think others were that willing to deal with him.
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Mardi Gras girl is great and all until you end up itching and scratching in all the wrong places and realise that she left you with more then a smile and some good memories.

Sounds the same as the potential with Cherapanov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

lol
    GWNHL Fantasy Cup Champs 06-07