Thread: Dats vs Hossa

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dats vs Hossa

How would you guys rate Datsyuk vs. Hossa on a scale? equal? one more valuable over the other?

I\'m really confused because I have an offer of Dats, Luongo + for Hossa, Kipper + and the fact that I have Zetterberg is confusing the hell out of me...also the fact that I\'m thinking if Hossa gets traded to a team where he has decent line mates then he is going to take off.

I need to improve my Centers for sure but that is one of the easiest to improve and I have to keep telling myself that it isn\'t a race but a long haul...plus I like Hossa as insurance for Zetts back problems.

I know it is great to get Luongo but I just need some advice here as I\'m unsure if I\'m looking at this correctly.

Thanks all,
    G(3), A(2), +/-(1), PPP(1), SHP(2), GWG(1), W(7), L(0), SHO(4)
    8 Team League - 8 keeper (C,W,F,F,D,D,G,Rookie)
    C: Marleau, Lecavalier, Roy
    W: Perry, Kane, Kovalchuk, Brown, Hossa, Cole, Hudler, Fleishchmann, Pacioretty
    R: Henrique,
    D: Mike Green, Letang, Subban, White, Del Zotto, E. Johnson
    G: Price, Bryzgalov, Raask, Clemmenson
    IR: Letang,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Dats vs Hossa

if that plus means for
    then take Dats + Luongo and run.... and then when you realize its a fantasy league, and you dont really need to be running, just run a little more to be safe....

i\'d take Hossa over Dats anyway of the week, but Luongo is the best goalie in fantasy, and young, and on a team that plays D when they are down 1-0....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dats vs Hossa

I share the same feelings with you in respect to Hossa\'s impact post deadline. However, I think especially since it is a keeper you take Luongo hands down. And Datsyuk will outplay Hossa this year and take into consideration +/-. I take the Luogno side but if you can\'t afford the downgrade(?) in RW then pass up. Dats at this point is more valuable then Hossa, although he is a Center.

What\'s your roster and stat categories looking like?
    Year 3, 2008-2009: 5 Keepers -->
    Championship Winner!
    12 Team Standard H2H League.
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, W, GWG, GAA, Sv.Pct, SO

C: Malkin, Spezza, Demitra(LW)
    LW: Kovulchuk, Hartnell, Frolov
    RW: Iginla, Boyes, Clowe
    D: Lidstrom, Chara,
    G: Luongo, M.A Fleury, Conklin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Dats vs Hossa

Shnabs wrote:
    What\'s your roster and stat categories looking like?
    All in my signature...I asked the guy if he is ok if we wait until after the deadline ... haven\'t heard back.

The \"+\" is for some other guys and some nice picks his 3rd and 5th for my 6th & 10th.

I\'d be left with Zetterberg, Radulov and Cammy or Frolov or Semin as Keeper Wingers
    G(3), A(2), +/-(1), PPP(1), SHP(2), GWG(1), W(7), L(0), SHO(4)
    8 Team League - 8 keeper (C,W,F,F,D,D,G,Rookie)
    C: Marleau, Lecavalier, Roy
    W: Perry, Kane, Kovalchuk, Brown, Hossa, Cole, Hudler, Fleishchmann, Pacioretty
    R: Henrique,
    D: Mike Green, Letang, Subban, White, Del Zotto, E. Johnson
    G: Price, Bryzgalov, Raask, Clemmenson
    IR: Letang,

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Dats vs Hossa

I don\'t think you need to wait just in case he changes his mind - you would be acquiring arguably one of the top 4 players in the league in Luongo - Hossa will be fine where ever he goes but I don\'t see him being much more valuable than Dats regardless. I understand your concern for your forwards but I really think that Luongo makes that concern rather secondary.

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Dats vs Hossa

Id take Datsyuk over Hossa in any of MY leagues...as long as +/- is a category, nevermind the other statsitcs (which aren\'t too different), Datsyuk PWNS Hossa. Point wise maybe 5-10 difference going either way. PLUS your getting Luongo who also PWNS Kipper. Nuff said.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Dats vs Hossa

yah, the draft picks dont seem significant enough at all. I still think Hossa is the better option, especially since he\'s a winger. But this is Luongo!!! you absolutely must accept this.