Thread: Zett+Stastny+Pommer+Bouw for Malkin

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Zett+Stastny+Pommer+Bouw for Malkin

goal weighted, points pool. 11 keepers. Dress 3C 3L 3R 4D 1G

Would trade my Zetterberg, Stastny, Pominville, and Bouwmeester

to get Malkin.

His team now (* denotes what I think he keepers are)

LW: Malkin*, Shanahan, Booth, Steen
    C: Carter*, Drury*, Antropov*, McDonald, Hanzal*, Esposito*, Little, Cogliano
    RW: Perry*, Ryan*, Zubrus, Stafford
    D: Pronger*, Byfuglien, Poti, Souray, Bourdon
    G: Lundqvist*, Rask*, Gerber

What do you guys think?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Too much in my opinion. You are getting him at an all time high right now. If you are hell bent on getting him wait till Sid gets back and he cools off a bit. He has been lights out lately and the owner is making you overpay big time. Just my opinion...
    C- TAVARES, Wennberg , Thornton, Monahan
    LW- Ehlers, JvR , Landeskog, Fabbri
    RW- KANE, TARASENKO, Pastrnak, Atkinson
    D- Schultz, Werenski, Krug, KARLSSON
    G- PRICE, Fleury, Helly, Crawford, Howard, Mrazek, Darling
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

9 Team Keeper League Keep 5 any position with a max of 1 goalie
    G(+10) A(+5) +/-(1) GWG(+5) PPG(+2.5) SHG(+5) W(+15) L(-5) SO(+20) (+.5)PIM

Dobber Sports Guru

and just to think this through for myself...

Zett kinda sorta replaces Malkin on the LW

Stastny is better keeper option than every C he\'s got except maybe Carter. Add Esp and Drury to give him 4 C keepers.

Pominville is better option than Stafford or Ryan (I think, and may be able to convince him of this too). SO with Perry gives him 2 RWs.

Will have to see what he thinks of Bouwme... will give him the option of Meszaros as well. The key will be how highly he thinks of Butfuglyen.

Leaves me with:
    LW: Malkin, Semin, AK
    C: Kopitar, Backstrom
    RW: Hossa, Voracek, maybe Giroux
    D: Green
    G: Luongo, maybe Lehtonen/Bernier

Gives me option of picking up a prospect C like Berglund/Oshie... I am low on high round draft picks so I might try to get his 1st pick as well.. which will be top 3.

Dobber Sports Guru

thanks for quick reply flyers... you beat my own response to my own question!

wasn\'t planning on keeping Pommer or Bouwme/Meszaros, so trade is essentially Zett/Stastny

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don\'t think its a good deal. Like I said he will get cheaper. I don\'t like your keepers after this deal.

Without trade:

Zetterberg,Semin,AK
    Stastny,Backstrom,Kopitar
    Hossa,Vorachek/Giroux
    Green,Zubov
    Luongo

Thats the way I would go. I don\'t know your scoring but unless goalies are weighted real heavy I wouldn\'t keep more than 1. Like you already said Zetts is replaced by Malkin. How many points are you really gaining on this? Once Crosby gets back he will come back down to earth. He didn\'t just wake up one morning deciding he was gonna put up crazy point totals. Its completly related to Crosby being out. You are making his team stronger and yours only marginally better.
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

Dobber Sports Guru

well back issues scare me, so even though i love hank and think he\'s one of the most complete players in the league, i think it\'s a good time to take advantage of his career year

and stastny... well he will be tough to replace. the more i think about it, the more i think getting his 1st pick will be a necessity cuz then i can go after stamkos or turris.

as for making his team better... well this goes against all capitalist values but it is kind of the point. he is in last place and his team is awful... and i want to keep him interested.

anyone else have an opinion?

Dobber Sports Expert

Truthfully, I don\'t mind this for you. The essence of the deal is Zetts/Stastny for Malkin [and maybe a high pick]. If Malkin gets LW eligibility you come out well in this. I like his youth and stability over Zetts. Stastny is really talented, but at C I think this is replaceable for you [especially if you get the draft pick thrown in].

My take...Malkin = the best player in this deal...therefore you come out well despite the lopsided number of players going the other way.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Padawan

Health is an issue with Zetterberg but I don\'t think a center of Stastny\'s caliber is easily replaceable. Malkin\'s value will never be higher this year, so you may get him cheaper at a later date. If you are trying to boost ego\'s than make the trade, if you are trying to win fantasy hockey hold a little while and let everyone know Zetts is on the market.
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

Dobber Sports Veteran

My two cents:

When you explain the keeper ramifications it doesn\'t look that bad but I still think you should try to do better in a trade as you will be clearly overpaying a little (which isn\'t always bad depending on where your team is).

I think it is understandable that you would have to include Zetterberg to land Malkin and it will likely come to that. His team does look like it could use some depth so maybe the many players for one approach might work. I think you could win the trade if you only give one of Zetterberg, Stastny, Backstrom, and Hossa. (don’t trade Luongo). Give him a bunch of offers that include one of those guys in each one. In counter offers try to figure out who from the rest of your team interests him. If push come to shove and you have to give two of those guys then I think it would be fair (but who wants fair deals?).

Dobber Sports Guru

might be able to choose between carter and 1st pick (stamkos)... now there\'s an interesting choice!

thought\'s on that?

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Zett/Stastny+ for Malkin/Carter? philly fans...

okay he laughed at my attempt to go after stamkos.. haha, tough to gauge what other people value.

soo... the question becomes is carter an adequate replacement for stastny? philly fans... is he going to break out next year? i don\'t watch him much and try to refrain from giving advice about him.

i\'ll watch him and giroux tonight and go from there i guess

Dobber Sports Padawan

Well Carter may not be a Flyer next year....Hell he might not be one in a week. Who knows what team he will be on next year. I would like to think that the Flyers won\'t let him walk but they might not have a choice since they are so strapped under the cap. I wouldn\'t take him over Stastny...
    Bench- Bergeron, Marner

Dobber Sports Master

Maybe its just me but there as a statement made that has been overlooked. It is a goals weighted pool.

Malkin has been putting up huge points due to him naturally being a Center and with Crosby out he can play the position he is comfortable with. He is more free to roam around the offensive zone. With Crosby back he will continue to score goals with the best set-up man in the league. I don\'t think his value will decrease like everyone thinks it will with the return of Crosby. Pit was in a slump and they have stepped it up when Corsby went down. Look for the Pens to be the offensive machine they were last year.

This trade makes alot of sense. Malkin will get as many goals as Zett but more points. Stastny is a great center but Carter scores more than half of his points. Malkin is one of the top 3 forwards anyone would want in a keeper. He is not selling the farm here as the other players are drops anyways.

If Carter gets traded he could be a 2nd line center and realy put up the points. Hopefully the Canucks are listening.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino