Thread: Pekka Rinne

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Pekka Rinne

So Vokoun is gone to Florida. Mason is now the starter. Does this make Pekka Rinne the backup goaltender? Does he have the \'stuff\' to be the starter in Nashville/Hamilton?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Pekka Rinne

Starter may be a little while off... he\'s a bit Injury prone and some what erratic.... but very good when on his game...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Management is very high on him. Unless somebody else really steps up, he should get his chance.

We\'ll have a better idea if he has \'the stuff\' once he\'s got a few starts under his belt as the backup this year or next (depending on his training camp).
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

he will be backing up Mason. Young and cheap, just what the Preds are after right now.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

What is his top potential if he reaches it?
    GO WINGS!

I...am your father.

angus wrote:
    he will be backing up Mason. Young and cheap, just what the Preds are after right now.
    While they expect Dan Ellis and Rinne to compete for the backup role, Ellis would have to have a pretty weak camp to not come out of it the winner. His contract is one-way for $500,000 while Rinne\'s is a two-year deal...but the first year is two-way. That pretty much guarantees that he will be the backup next season...but this season is somewhat doubtful. I would probably put my money on Ellis for this season.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Money talks....He should pile up the starts in the A. I think Ellis is a bit undersated myself. I look for him to start 20 games. It will be interestin got see what happenns if Mason gets hurt....